Should I send Harvard an updated Resume for this?? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Should I send Harvard an updated Resume for this??

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi all! I am still waiting on an answer from Harvard (I applied in November) and I was wondering, should I send them an updated resume with the fact that I have been admitted into the National Political Science Honor Society and the Society of Scholars in phi alpha delta (the pre law society)? Do you think it would make a difference?

sfn91

Bronze

Re: Should I send Harvard an updated Resume for this??

Post by sfn91 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:22 pm

I'd probably say it won't make a difference. These are things that you'd be admitted to by virtue of your GPA, right? I think resume updates are usually only warranted when they're substantive, and this seems like it's just an extension of your GPA, and not a 'new' achievement. I'm not sure if it'd hurt though?

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Please don't.

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:56 pm

zot1 wrote:Please don't.
Would it hurt?

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 pm

HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
Would it hurt?
It would be a little weird, and standing out in a weird way during law school admissions (particularly with a place that has as much ability to pick and choose as Harvard does) isn't risk free.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:31 pm

mjb447 wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
Would it hurt?
It would be a little weird, and standing out in a weird way during law school admissions (particularly with a place that has as much ability to pick and choose as Harvard does) isn't risk free.
It won't help AT ALL and it could hurt. Wanna take the risk anyway, be my guest? If you're lucky, it'll just get ignored anyway.

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 pm

zot1 wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
Would it hurt?
It won't help AT ALL and it could hurt. Wanna take the risk anyway, be my guest? If you're lucky, it'll just get ignored anyway.
Hm, I didn't think admission to honor societies could hurt but okay, I won't

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 pm

HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
zot1 wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
Would it hurt?
It's not your admission to the honor society that will hurt, it's the fact that you're bugging an overworked and underpaid admissions officer about something that isn't substantive enough to bump your application.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:47 pm

zot1 wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
zot1 wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
Would it hurt?
It's not your admission to the honor society that will hurt, it's the fact that you're bugging an overworked and underpaid admissions officer about something that isn't substantive enough to bump your application.
+1. It may not be particularly likely to hurt you but, like zot1 said, it still could, and it definitely won't help.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”