Is it weird that Harvard hasn't given me an answer yet? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Is it weird that Harvard hasn't given me an answer yet?

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering if it's weird that I haven't heard anything at all from Harvard since November when I sent in my app. I'm in at Columbia, U of Chicago, NYU, Duke and Georgetown (I got into U of Chicago just 3 weeks after I applied). I feel like I should have at least heard something from Harvard. Is this normal or are they waiting until the last second? Sorry, I'm just a bit antsy since the deadline for admissions is in a month

*Edit* I forgot to note that I'm an AA female. LSAT: 167, GPA 3.55 Do they treat URMs differently in terms of when either offers or waitlists/rejections normally go out?

texcellence

Bronze

Re: Is it weird that Harvard hasn't given me an answer yet?

Post by texcellence » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:42 pm

HarvardHopeful95 wrote:Hey guys, I was just wondering if it's weird that I haven't heard anything at all from Harvard since November when I sent in my app. I'm in at Columbia, U of Chicago, NYU, Duke and Georgetown (I got into U of Chicago just 3 weeks after I applied). I feel like I should have at least heard something from Harvard. Is this normal or are they waiting until the last second? Sorry, I'm just a bit antsy since the deadline for admissions is in a month

*Edit* I forgot to note that I'm an AA female. LSAT: 167, GPA 3.55 Do they treat URMs differently in terms of when either offers or waitlists/rejections normally go out?
are you K-JD

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:46 pm

texcellence wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:Hey guys, I was just wondering if it's weird that I haven't heard anything at all from Harvard since November when I sent in my app. I'm in at Columbia, U of Chicago, NYU, Duke and Georgetown (I got into U of Chicago just 3 weeks after I applied). I feel like I should have at least heard something from Harvard. Is this normal or are they waiting until the last second? Sorry, I'm just a bit antsy since the deadline for admissions is in a month

are you K-JD
I am, is that a big factor? (Sorry, I'm kinda ignorant on this)

texcellence

Bronze

Post by texcellence » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Last edited by texcellence on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm

texcellence wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
texcellence wrote:

are you K-JD
I am, is that a big factor? (Sorry, I'm kinda ignorant on this)
That might be it, then. I believe HLS has sought to make their classes only about 25% KJD. Doesn't mean they won't admit you, but it could be a big factor in a late response. There are many URMs on here (myself incl.) who have already been rejected so you're certainly still in the running. Hang in there!
Thank you, this makes me feel a lot better. I suppose it's not over until it's over

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”