. Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:48 am

Last edited by HarvardHopeful95 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Re: Am I Under a Law School's Conduct Code if I Have Not Accepted the Admissions Offer?

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:56 am

Thanks for your response, I was also wondering if they could rescind my admission

brinicolec

Gold

Re: Am I Under a Law School's Conduct Code if I Have Not Accepted the Admissions Offer?

Post by brinicolec » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:16 am

HarvardHopeful95 wrote:Thanks for your response, I was also wondering if they could rescind my admission
I'm sure they can, but I highly doubt that, based on how you've described the situation, it would be enough to cause them to do so.

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 am

brinicolec wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:Thanks for your response, I was also wondering if they could rescind my admission
I'm sure they can, but I highly doubt that, based on how you've described the situation, it would be enough to cause them to do so.
That's what I was thinking. The school i'm talking about is pretty notorious for its freedom of expression code, only allowing for time/ place/manner restrictions and threats of violence restrictions. This is all just so petty, try to ruin someone's life because you personally dislike their tone when speaking to you and those who you consider friends (this is a 50+ year old white woman btw who demands respect but gives none)
Last edited by HarvardHopeful95 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:29 am

HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
That's what I was thinking. The school i'm talking about is pretty notorious for its freedom of expression code, only allowing for time/ place/manner restrictions and threats of violence. This is all just so petty, try to ruin someone's life because you personally dislike their tone when speaking to you and those who you consider friends (this is a 50+ year old white woman btw who demands respect but gives none)
I wouldn't worry about it, honestly.

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:07 am

This is the absolute last thing I'd ever stress about. I'd also tell the lady to fuck herself.

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:43 am

HarvardHopeful95 wrote:Hey guys! Just looking for some advice here. Someone is claiming they are going to report me to a law school I was admitted to for being "condescending" on facebook (I know it's ridiculously stupid). I'm not worried about it because having a differing opinion and being slightly "rude" (i'm talking, calling someone "darling" in a facebook debate) is not against any conduct code anywhere. I was just wondering if I, as someone who has been offered admission, but has not been accepted yet, would even have a chance to get in trouble by a school.
For someone to take the time to report you for being condescending, they have a long life ahead of them. You are fine. No one in admissions cares.

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:50 am

Thanks guys, y'all made me feel a lot more at ease about this. I know I did nothing wrong but still to have someone try to mess with your future is.... ugh Jesus christ why can't people be rational

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:43 am

HarvardHopeful95 wrote:Thanks guys, y'all made me feel a lot more at ease about this. I know I did nothing wrong but still to have someone try to mess with your future is.... ugh Jesus christ why can't people be rational
I'm honestly surprised people​ on Facebook didn't try to shame her.

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 am

Mr_Chukes wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:Thanks guys, y'all made me feel a lot more at ease about this. I know I did nothing wrong but still to have someone try to mess with your future is.... ugh Jesus christ why can't people be rational
I'm honestly surprised people​ on Facebook didn't try to shame her.
Oh people did but you can't tell her anything

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”