Removed post... Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
zkyggi

Bronze

Will not taking a gap year hurt me?

Post by zkyggi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:38 am

Last edited by zkyggi on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

acr440

New

Re: Will not taking a gap year hurt me?

Post by acr440 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:49 am

TBH, I do not see the issue. If I understand correctly, you should be applying to law schools in the fall of your senior year, and then worry about jobs in spring of your senior year as your law school results come in. Personally, I didn't start job searching until spring of my senior year as most jobs for graduating seniors were not posted until March.

I get why you are worried about the gap year thing since according to "Entering Class Profiles" at many top schools a large portion of the class are at least 1 year out of undergrad (Examples: http://www.law.columbia.edu/admissions/ ... ss-profile ; https://law.yale.edu/admissions/profile ... ss-profile ). Try not to worry too much, if you want to go straight to law school then apply this year and afterward begin your job search ( should be around January). If you are unhappy with the result then take the gap year.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Re: Will not taking a gap year hurt me?

Post by Mr_Chukes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:49 pm

Gap year won't hurt you. I took one and I'm in.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”