Chance me? AA female Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
klove2020

New

Chance me? AA female

Post by klove2020 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:19 am

Hi everyone!
Just got my feb LSAT score back and I'm fairly disappointed- just got one point above my previous score from September/December (cancelled ---> 164 ---> 165) with a 3.7 from an Ivy. I'm also a k-JD.
Softs include working at two summer internships at different investment banks, spending a summer in Italy teaching English, fluent in Arabic, international work experience at a small firm in the UK, and lots of part-time jobs through college (many of these jobs were law related).

Harvard has been my dream since I was 8. I worked my butt off studying for the last two LSAT administrations. December the LG fucked me up and then in Feb, I was really sick and just didn't do my best. I really want to matriculate this year. But now, I'm fairly concerned about my chances at Harvard- I sent in my app in Jan but asked them to hold it until my Feb LSAT.

Thoughts? Is there anything I can do to improve my application while they review it?

dietcoke1

Silver

Re: Chance me? AA female

Post by dietcoke1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

I think you have a shot at H with your GPA and undergrad but not sure how applying this late is going to impact your app. There are URMs this cycle with similar GPA and LSAT that have gotten into Y and S but they applied earlier. Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do but wait now that you have submitted, but I would recommend thinking about retaking one more time and reapplying early next cycle in case you do not get the results you want this time around.

Good luck

AJ1010

Bronze

Re: Chance me? AA female

Post by AJ1010 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Basically same stats and I have been accepted to H. I did apply in October though.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”