2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017) Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bunney_j

Bronze

Re: 2016-2017 SEO Corporate Law Applicants (Summer 2017)

Post by bunney_j » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:20 pm

lula43 wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
lula43 wrote:I'm a little confused by the application. I finally have everything on my profile including essay, I just don't see anywhere to process or submit?
just hit submit for each section of your profile (scroll to bottom of a section). To verify that you did submit everything, you should see a time stamp for every section when you're looking at the app overview
How long after submitting all sections were people contacted for an interview?
Like 2 days

uhwrestler

Bronze

Post by uhwrestler » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:47 am

I applied on jan 12 and havnt been asked to interview. should i be worried? should i email them to ask if my app is complete or missing something?

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:40 pm

uhwrestler wrote:I applied on jan 12 and havnt been asked to interview. should i be worried? should i email them to ask if my app is complete or missing something?
I think they specifically mention that they CANNOT give you confirmation of a complete application because they are inundated with apps. As long as you have timestamps on all the separate sections and you've gone through and made sure you've uploaded something for each separate section, I think you're good. Hopefully your interview request is coming!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:41 pm

crookedsmile wrote:
uhwrestler wrote:I applied on jan 12 and havnt been asked to interview. should i be worried? should i email them to ask if my app is complete or missing something?
I think they specifically mention that they CANNOT give you confirmation of a complete application because they are inundated with apps. As long as you have timestamps on all the separate sections and you've gone through and made sure you've uploaded something for each separate section, I think you're good. Hopefully your interview request is coming!
You could also see if they have an answer in the thread that has an SEO recruiter answering questions!

20171lhopeful

Bronze

Post by 20171lhopeful » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:43 pm

crookedsmile wrote:
I pressed submit for each section, but the time stamps don't update.

Also does everyone get invited to an interview?

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:49 pm

20171lhopeful wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

I don't think so as somewhere on the SEO site I saw language to the effect of "if chosen for an interview" which would lead me to believe that not everyone gets chosen. Also, anecdotally, a have two friends: Friend A with slightly higher numbers but NO T14 acceptances yet and Friend B with slightly lower numbers and an acceptance to a 11-14 school. Friend A has NOT gotten an interview request despite applying back in December and Friend B applied two weeks ago and already did her interview.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:50 pm

crookedsmile wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

I don't think so as somewhere on the SEO site I saw language to the effect of "if chosen for an interview" which would lead me to believe that not everyone gets chosen. Also, anecdotally, a have two friends: Friend A with slightly higher numbers but NO T14 acceptances yet and Friend B with slightly lower numbers and an acceptance to a 11-14 school. Friend A has NOT gotten an interview request despite applying back in December and Friend B applied two weeks ago and already did her interview.
I believe at the time of the interview I had two T14 acceptances... I can't remember though. I definitely had at least one.

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:55 pm

brinicolec wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

I believe at the time of the interview I had two T14 acceptances... I can't remember though. I definitely had at least one.
Do we know of anyone on here we has gotten an interview request W/O a T14 acceptance?

bunney_j

Bronze

Post by bunney_j » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:12 pm

crookedsmile wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

Do we know of anyone on here we has gotten an interview request W/O a T14 acceptance?
The old threads are really helpful and some are like 200 pages plus. And the older cycles of URM apps bc people say if they got into SEO on them.
From lurking some people in past years with t20 acceptances seem to have gotten interviewed, though one of the firms I was researching for my interview had a girl who was going to GW and one who was attending Emory. And they both placed in NY.

uhwrestler

Bronze

Post by uhwrestler » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:20 pm

crookedsmile wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

i have been accepted by to 2 t14's yet no interview request thus far

20171lhopeful

Bronze

Post by 20171lhopeful » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:25 pm

uhwrestler wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

i have been accepted by to 2 t14's yet no interview request thus far
when did you apply? i don't think the number of t14 influences interview eligibility, just as long as you have one. or at least that's what i'm getting from this thread

20171lhopeful

Bronze

Post by 20171lhopeful » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:32 pm

when i saw that applicants were getting interview requests in less than a week, I naively thought the reviews were happening quicker. I just want to know if I'm in or not so I can start planning my summer. If I don't get SEO, then I'm going to relax for the summer before law school, and I need something to look forward to lol

chasima

Bronze

Post by chasima » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:39 pm

<3
Last edited by chasima on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chasima

Bronze

Post by chasima » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:41 pm

<3

20171lhopeful

Bronze

Post by 20171lhopeful » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 pm

chasima wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:when i saw that applicants were getting interview requests in less than a week, I naively thought the reviews were happening quicker. I just want to know if I'm in or not so I can start planning my summer. If I don't get SEO, then I'm going to relax for the summer before law school, and I need something to look forward to lol
I hope this doesn't come off as snarky, but even if you get an interview, everyone finds out around April 28, and not before you turn in your seat deposit, so I wouldn't count on getting a response other than an interview request within the next couple months.
i'm pretty sure of where I'm going, so that's why I was hoping to find out earlier (be it rejection or acceptance)

azaleafire

Bronze

Post by azaleafire » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:03 pm

20171lhopeful wrote:
chasima wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:when i saw that applicants were getting interview requests in less than a week, I naively thought the reviews were happening quicker. I just want to know if I'm in or not so I can start planning my summer. If I don't get SEO, then I'm going to relax for the summer before law school, and I need something to look forward to lol
I hope this doesn't come off as snarky, but even if you get an interview, everyone finds out around April 28, and not before you turn in your seat deposit, so I wouldn't count on getting a response other than an interview request within the next couple months.
i'm pretty sure of where I'm going, so that's why I was hoping to find out earlier (be it rejection or acceptance)
Yeah going through the past threads there were one or two snowflakes who found out maybe a few days earlier, but everyone else just had to wait :/. It's definitely way shorter notice than I think anyone would like (3 weeks???) but we are all in it for the awesome opportunity so...

Inversion

New

Post by Inversion » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Last edited by Inversion on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Inversion wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:
20171lhopeful wrote:
crookedsmile wrote:

yeah just to dispel this notion acceptances are definitely not necessary for an interview invite; I had no acceptances when I did my interview, but I've since been admitted to a few T14s. Remember that SEO has your numbers, and they know what it takes to be competitive for the schools that their partner firms want. Law school admissions is pretty predictable.

Not quite (to the bolded part) lol. I'm a URM with a low GPA and an okay LSAT. It's all over the place :lol:

chasima

Bronze

Post by chasima » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:23 pm

<3

Inversion

New

Post by Inversion » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Last edited by Inversion on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lnsl123

Bronze

Post by lnsl123 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:47 pm

Last edited by lnsl123 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

20171lhopeful

Bronze

Post by 20171lhopeful » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:12 pm

got an interview request today. scheduled it for 2 weeks later, so I could do firm research.

sfn91

Bronze

Post by sfn91 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:40 pm

20171lhopeful wrote:got an interview request today. scheduled it for 2 weeks later, so I could do firm research.
Me too!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:53 pm

This is a strange question, but does anyone know if we'd have Memorial Day off?

2000andBeyond

Silver

Post by 2000andBeyond » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:14 pm

How do you go about mentioning a t-14 acceptance?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”