Chances at T-14 ( AA Male, 3.2/165) Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Chances at T-14 ( AA Male, 3.2/165)

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:16 pm

deleted
Last edited by Hi-So - ArshavinFan on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

albanach

Gold

Re: Chances at T-14

Post by albanach » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi-So - ArshavinFan wrote: Chance me please for me if i'm to apply for this cycle. Please refrain from retake advice lmao - I'm already retaking for sure.
Isn't the better question to ask what applying now means versus applying after the summer, even without a retake?

Sure, you can get a T14 offer this year, but the chance of $$$$ increases significantly by applying early in the cycle.

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Re: Chances at T-14

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:18 pm

albanach wrote:
Hi-So - ArshavinFan wrote: Chance me please for me if i'm to apply for this cycle. Please refrain from retake advice lmao - I'm already retaking for sure.
Isn't the better question to ask what applying now means versus applying after the summer, even without a retake?

Sure, you can get a T14 offer this year, but the chance of $$$$ increases significantly by applying early in the cycle.

I guess, it just depends. I hate my job right now. I dont make as much as someone w/ the experience I has should ( although I took this job knowing that it was less intesive and therefore = lower salaried). That being said, my job is starting to implement some reforms that are just downright idiotic and completely self-serving to upper management. I'm not going into law thinking there is no hieracrhy lmao, but I know that when most people in the firm had to go to a caertain school and prove themselves of a certain intelligence to go there, there are some ticky tack issues frm the "business" world that do disappear somewhat. So if i can get into these schools now I think I would take them, but if i would get more money I'm willing to wait.

I guess this is a better question -
Chance me at
Cornell
NW
Columbia
Berkeley
UVA

albanach

Gold

Re: Chances at T-14 ( AA Male, 3.2/165)

Post by albanach » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:49 pm

I honestly don't know your chances at this point. Each day in January makes it harder to get money and it's always harder to predict for URM where there is less data.

I'd Ask all the t-14 for fee waivers. Apply to all 14 and see if anyone bites with a decent offer of cash. If you don't get decent money, I'd reapply as soon as they start taking applications.

AaronCarter

Bronze

Post by AaronCarter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Where did you end up?

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:25 pm

AaronCarter wrote:Where did you end up?
A T6 with 60K haha - but my actual LSAC GPA wasnt as low as a 3.2 so yeah.

I did alright i suppose - PM me and i'll tell you exact stats

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”