Decent Softs/ Bad GPA /Average LSAT /URM Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lighthouse75

New

Decent Softs/ Bad GPA /Average LSAT /URM

Post by Lighthouse75 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm a 32yo gay AA male from GA who graduated with ~2.9 (science double major :Molecular Biology & Chemistry) with two years research experience, After undergrad I joined the Peace Corps for two years. I then finished a MS in applied economics from the University of Minnesota. I am currently a federal employee living in northern Virginia working for the Department of Health and Human Services in DC (for the past 2 years). I'm taking the LSAT this September but can't seem to get higher than a 155 on PT (I'm already planning on retaking in December). My plan is to do a part-time program in the area (GULC or GW). I know it's a long shot, but what do you all think?

tldr:
32 gay AA male
~2.9 ugpa (Molecular Biology & Chemistry double major)
Masters in Econ
Peace Corps
Federal employee (2 years WE)
~155 LSAT PT
Want GULC or GW part-time
Last edited by Lighthouse75 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grades??

Silver

Re: Strong Softs/ Bad GPA /Average LSAT /URM

Post by grades?? » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Not to be a downer but you don't really have strong spots per se. They are good softs and won't hurt, but they aren't gonna help outweigh your numbers

candyroll232

New

Re: Decent Softs/ Bad GPA /Average LSAT /URM

Post by candyroll232 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Apply as soon as possible. I saw on lsn that someone got in at GW with a 155 and a 2.6 gpa but got dinged at GULC. This person had all his/her apps in by end of September.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”