How much of a boost for AA males? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Wade LeBosh

Bronze

Re: How much of a boost for AA males?

Post by Wade LeBosh » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:31 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
point was what score he should prob need at least for a decent shot at HLS, and 171+ wouldnt do it imo

not about how he should practice -- should always aim for the highest, just thought your assessment wasnt as accurate
Point taken I just said 171 because that puts him within HLS median.
mcdad wrote:OP, another way to rephrase the question is: Why would you only want to go to a law school where both your GPA and LSAT would put you at the lower end of the class for three years when at a slightly lower ranked school you could make law review? It sounds like a recipe for misery.
There's no guarantee he'd make LR at a lower ranked school so he's better off going with the best job prospects. Besides, there is no evidence that a lower UGPA puts you at a competitive disadvantage against those with higher ones. Why would you encourage someone to go to a worse school than he could?

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Woah @ the intensity ITT.

liltay357

New

Post by liltay357 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:19 pm

You guys really ruined an interesting thread topic for me. Im an AA female and I have similiar numbers and could really use the advice. Welp to the archives for me. OP I suggest you look there too, wont have to look at hypotheticals. Can look for actual admitted students with your same numbers. I will let you know what I find.

And for what its worth.......................actually its not.

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Also: assuming 170 LSAT, 3.0 GPA where will I get money? Exclusively schools outside of top 5? Wassup

High_Hopes

New

Post by High_Hopes » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:10 pm

jgloster wrote:Also: assuming 170 LSAT, 3.0 GPA where will I get money? Exclusively schools outside of top 5? Wassup
lawschoolnumbers.com

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:27 pm

liltay357 wrote:You guys really ruined an interesting thread topic for me. Im an AA female and I have similiar numbers and could really use the advice. Welp to the archives for me. OP I suggest you look there too, wont have to look at hypotheticals. Can look for actual admitted students with your same numbers. I will let you know what I find.

And for what its worth.......................actually its not.

WHAT are you guys doing. This has all been answered. Do you just read every other word of every other post!

"similiar numbers"???? he doesnt even have an lsat score. And the past people who scored what you all might score are already posted in my first post on the first page.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:00 pm

You just are not going to find a lot of information on an AA with a 3.0 and an imaginary LSAT:

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:44 pm

things fall apart wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:You guys need to learn to play nice in here. Or expect a ban.

Also, OP, with a 3.0 GPA, that may be too low even if you get a 174+

I know an AA guy in HLS, and he got in with a 174/3.2 but he had serious work experience too.

Just do the best you can on the LSAT and hope for the best. If things don't work out, you'll probably end up at NYU or Columbia or a full ride in the T14. And, I sincerely doubt anyone would be disappointed with such an outcome.
See this is what i mean, always trying to censor the strong voice! This is why theres a boost- to get the word out!!!

Gaia if there were a picture of you on here I'd be obligated to draw the Adolf mustache on it just to demonstrate how you represent the third reich since we disagree over something
Dude?

Don't post this BS and then send me PMs. You're irritating me.

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:47 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
THanx for the advice

Now GTFO my thread please

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Wow, it's been eight years since this thread and I still haven't attended law school. Guess it's time to try again. :mrgreen:

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Also let's assume this time around I got a 172 and a 2.78 GPA...

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Answer: still a very large boost.

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:28 pm

OK good. Also I went to grad school a few years ago in a social-sciency area and had a pretty low GPA. I know, not good, but I wanna know if that will affect me all.

Thanks!

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:48 pm

I still can't help but laugh about the amount of haterade that was directed against me here. :lol: I re-read the whole thing from the beginning, and just...damn! :mrgreen:

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Wow this forum is dead compared to 10 years ago.

SAD!

jgloster

Bronze

Post by jgloster » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:11 pm

I think this thread should be stickied.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”