Bunch of LSAT Related Questions Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dprendergast1

New

Bunch of LSAT Related Questions

Post by dprendergast1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:41 am

Hey, fellow URM here, let me know if you can help. Sorry, I may need to make seperate threads but I'll see how many questions can get answered here first.

1. What are the different ways in which I can get an application fee waiver? Through LSAC only? Does the process begin there? Also, I've already paid and registered for the June 2010 Lsat, but I didnt know until afterwards that I could have applied for a waiver. If i retake in OCT, or even change my test date, can I be considered for a waiver then? What about when I apply to schools? Can I still be considered for application fee waivers?

2. As stated before, I am currently scheduled to take the lsat for the 1st time in June, but seriously thinking about moving to October instead. If I take the October lsat, and send in my apps by October test day the latest, and then later decide to retake for a 2nd time in Dec, will schools reject me before I can even think about taking the December test for a second lsat score? Basically, I want to apply as early as possible but want to know if my opportunity for taking the Dec test is shot by doing this.

3. SEO question. I graduated college in May 2009. Do I qualify for the Corporate Law program for the summer of 2011? How does SEO work, Do you have to take the LSAT before applying to the program? Also, how long is the program? Just for the summer months?

Thanks in advance!

gingerbreadman

New

Re: Bunch of LSAT Related Questions

Post by gingerbreadman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:37 pm

dprendergast1 wrote:Hey, fellow URM here, let me know if you can help. Sorry, I may need to make seperate threads but I'll see how many questions can get answered here first.

1. What are the different ways in which I can get an application fee waiver? Through LSAC only? Does the process begin there? Also, I've already paid and registered for the June 2010 Lsat, but I didnt know until afterwards that I could have applied for a waiver. If i retake in OCT, or even change my test date, can I be considered for a waiver then? What about when I apply to schools? Can I still be considered for application fee waivers?

2. As stated before, I am currently scheduled to take the lsat for the 1st time in June, but seriously thinking about moving to October instead. If I take the October lsat, and send in my apps by October test day the latest, and then later decide to retake for a 2nd time in Dec, will schools reject me before I can even think about taking the December test for a second lsat score? Basically, I want to apply as early as possible but want to know if my opportunity for taking the Dec test is shot by doing this.

3. SEO question. I graduated college in May 2009. Do I qualify for the Corporate Law program for the summer of 2011? How does SEO work, Do you have to take the LSAT before applying to the program? Also, how long is the program? Just for the summer months?

Thanks in advance!
1. Beast the LSAT (165+) or personally contact each school and express your interest in applying but inform them you don't have the means to do so. The LSAC fee waiver is a b*tch to get because you have to be dirty poor to be offered one. So unless your a peasant don't anticipate a fee waiver approval from LSAC.

2. What is your PT average and your target score? If your well below that target, push your LSAT test date to October. Please do not under estimate the LSAT, it can make or break you. If you have a stellar grade average don't squander it with a poor LSAT. Conversely, if your GPA is not that high, your LSAT needs to be on point. Really ask your self if you can hit your target score by June. If there is any hesitation in your answer that is grounds for you to postpone until October. Also, don't implant this notion in your head that "your are going to take the test in December." Be cocky like a mofo and say you are going to murder the October LSAT. Work at it for the next six months until its second nature.

3. I don't know to much about SEO. I just know there very elitist with selecting their participants.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”