Marking URM on the actual LSAT, but not on applications Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

New

Marking URM on the actual LSAT, but not on applications

Post by 543210 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Let's say someone registered with the LSAC back when you could only choose one race, and they chose "other." Then when they go to take the LSAT, they mark both White and Native American. If this person only marks White on their applications, will the schools he or she applied to ever know that this person marked NA on the LSAT? Will schools be able to report this applicant as a minority?

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Marking URM on the actual LSAT, but not on applications

Post by r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:41 am

I don't believe (from what I can gather) that what you mark on the test form is reported to the schools. I believe the biographical info on the LSAT is used by LSAC to calculate tester data. I marked that English is not my primary language and I don't believe that is reflected anywhere on the reports that got sent. I am only guessing though.

New

Re: Marking URM on the actual LSAT, but not on applications

Post by 543210 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:40 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
543210 wrote:Let's say someone registered with the LSAC back when you could only choose one race, and they chose "other." Then when they go to take the LSAT, they mark both White and Native American. If this person only marks White on their applications, will the schools he or she applied to ever know that this person marked NA on the LSAT? Will schools be able to report this applicant as a minority?
We frown upon alts here at TLS.

1. Probably not. Whatever race you put into LSAC's CRS is reported to schools, though.
2. Yes.
What if they chose "NO" for the "Report race / ethnicity to law schools" question on LSAC.org? Then it seems that the only indication they have of race is the one the applicant put on the application.

I have a bad feeling that I'm going to have to call the LSAC.
I don't want my school to report me as NA; I don't want the admissions boost.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”