Late Diversity Statements? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
fenderjsm88

Bronze

Late Diversity Statements?

Post by fenderjsm88 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm

I did not write a diversity statement for this cycle. Stupid move. I am an idiot, I know. After a few disappointing rejections and waitlistings, I wrote a DS and sent it to those schools that waitlisted me to help them with their decisions (as usual, they all invited additional documents.)

Basically, I am considering sending my DS to the schools I have not heard back from yet. It would be completely unsolicited. How will the schools view this? Will it help me, or will it just make me look extremely unorganized and late to the game?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

moe

New

Re: Late Diversity Statements?

Post by moe » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm kind of in the same boat in that I did not write an addtl diversity statement because I felt my personal statement already discussed everything I would have discussed in a diversity statement. However, I have been held for some schools, and I am now considering writing an addtl diversity statement and submitting it. Thoughts?

lawrencecis

New

Post by lawrencecis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:54 pm

I think the points added for a diversity statement outweigh points lost for looking late and disorganized. IMHO

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much the same conclusion I reached. Not too long after starting this thread, I just sent diversity statements out to all the schools I applied to.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”