blog Forum

tunes

New

blog

Post by tunes » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:22 pm

So I got rejected from every law school that I actually wanted to go to. I guess I should have applied to more T14 schools, but I just wasn't all that crazy about alot of them and didn't feel like wasting my money on schools that weren't more or less of a "sure thing."

My decision is now between mid-level T1 (BC, Fordham) with no $$$ and upper-level T2 (Temple, Rutgers Camden) with $$$. I honestly don't give a shit at this point. I'm just too exhausted with the whole process to care.
Last edited by tunes on Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

tunes

New

Post by tunes » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:05 pm

I saw a few people felt like providing words of wisdom for me, and I appreciate it, but my last post was more a statement of facts than an airing of greivances. Again, I appreciate the advice.

I guess I could try to ace the LSAT and reapply next cycle, but I really just want to get school over with and start practicing as soon as possible. The way I see it, if I do really well at wherever I end up I should be able to transfer somewhere better, and if not then I clearly didn't belong at a top school in the first place. Thems the facts.

Also, I can't imagine living another year with my "liberal arts" degree. What a bunch of horse shit that was, my college education. I make more money selling garbage to people over the internet and doing the occasional odd job than I could EVER make in an entry level position open to an "English major." Plus, I only work when I feel like it, which is never. I don't regret getting the degree because I only got it to inflate my GPA for law school, but even I wasn't prepared for how worthless this BA would be.

In other news, my fiance's family was completely indifferent to my defense of Roman Polanski and his sodomizing of a thirteen year old girl. I do love Polanski, but I was really only trying to see how far I could go, and now I'm completely horrified that they didn't even bat an eye. I've clearly made a fatal error in underestimating them.

tunes

New

Post by tunes » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:47 am

Got something in the mail today regarding an alumni luncheon in my hometown. I'll probably go, although I'm not expecting much and really have nothing to ask them.

This weekend I'm going to alabama for business, but next week is the BC open house, which I'm looking forward to. My experience with New England is pretty much limited to ski towns, so I'm curious to see what Boston has to offer. We'll see.

Rutgers Camden keeps sending me clothing.

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”