Sell My Old Clothes, I'm Off To Law School. Forum

M53201

Bronze

Sell My Old Clothes, I'm Off To Law School.

Post by M53201 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:57 pm

A combination of pre-law-school boredom and pre-law-school excitement have convinced me that it's a good idea to start a blog.
As the more emo astute amongst you may have noticed, the title is a reference to an incredibly emo song by and incredibly emo band. Thus, this will be and incredibly emo blog, full of emo feelings about being a 1L because I'm actually incredibly emo.
Right now, I'm feeling a bit sad at the prospect of leaving my parents place and flying up to the place I'll be living and studying for the next 1 - 3 years (who knows, I could drop out, flunk out, or transfer up a tier after first year... but I'm not really counting on any of those). I'm also feeling excited for the exact same reasons. Finally I'm feeling a bit of preemptive loneliness, as I really don't know anyone in the area except a handful of my fellow TLSers.
Time to go listen to some Death Cab or Dashboard or some other shitty... no, I mean, awesomely profound emo band.
Hopefully, I'll have time to post more of my emo feelings throughout my 1L year.

M53201

Bronze

Re: Sell My Old Clothes, I'm Off To Law School.

Post by M53201 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 pm

I finally found a place to live today. I was planning on being emo by sitting under a bridge next to the freeway and crying, but then I remembered that true emo kids aren't people who actually have problems like homelessness or poverty. They only pretend to have problems with girls, friends, parents, etc so that they can justify listening to emo music. So instead of homelessness, I'll be living in a nice apartment where I can sit in my air conditioned room, play emo music on my $1600 computer, and cry about things that no one else really cares about.
The place is a bit farther from campus than I was hoping to get but it is right on a major bus route, and the additional distance between me and school might just be the added incentive needed to buy a car. Yes indeed, a car would be nice.
I before finding the apartment however, I was sitting on campus enjoying an iced coffee in the 80 degree california sun, when a group of Asian students sits down at the table next to me, each one holding a cup of scalding hot tea. Needless to say I was amazed at their devotion to tea. Then, as I was walking towards the law library, I passed two more people (judging by their age, quite possibly professors), both of whom were also holding cups with steam rising out and tea strings/paper labels hanging over the brim. Yesterday, I also saw a surprisingly large number of people drinking tea, hot tea, all around campus. As much as it pains me to say it, I think I may be attending one of those dreaded tea-tea-tea law schools I've heard so much about. I'm gonna go cry about it. :cry:
Thirdly, I got my class schedule today. It's sweet. I only have one class on Friday. I'm pleased. :D ... being happy about things isn't very emo though. I wish I still lived in Seattle. Then I could go sit in the rain and pretend to cry.

M53201

Bronze

Post by M53201 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Lawl school starts on Monday. Thus, I'm sad. It seems I will no longer have much time to post on TLS. I'll try to keep writing this emo blog but it might be tough with the course load.
I'll be back in the lounge during winter break.

M53201

Bronze

Post by M53201 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:17 am

Week 1, done! And I've actually got time to come back on here and post a blog.
So far my impressions are:
Torts = AWESOME! I love reading about the stupid shit that people do, and how injured (or dead) they get by being dumb asses . Plus my professor rules, I think he's the only one in the room more excited about torts than I am.
Civ Pro = pretty neat. My prof. seems cool. We started out on Hamdi v. Rumsfeld. Too bad every case won't be so interesting and current. Not looking forward to discussing boring-ass Pennoyer on Tuesday :( .
Contracts = I dunno what to think yet, but my prof is a big soccer fan. A definite plus.
Crim Law = Rad. Except I didn't get to class early enough on the first day and got my assigned seat on the very edge of the lecture hall. I never get called on when I volunteer :cry: .
Legal Writing = Memos. Apparently lawyers need to write... who'd have guessed that? :roll:
Classmates = They range from ultra-cool to total fuckin' douche. I guess that's the case at every lawl school though. But, it seems like most of the people here are on the cool side of the spectrum at least.
now on to week 2.

M53201

Bronze

Post by M53201 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:18 pm

The people I thought were going to be terrible gunners the first week have really settled down and now rarely, if ever, raise their hands. Unfortunately, a different batch of annoying people seems to have taken their place.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”