Health law Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rj3131

New

Health law

Post by rj3131 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:34 pm

I am interested in doing health/ FDA regulatory law on the East Coast (I have a science background and work experience in biopharma). From doing a little searching, it seems like BU has a good health law program (e.g. a lot of their graduates have gone to work for the FDA: https://www.bu.edu/law/2014/12/16/food- ... t-the-fda/)

Would it be worth attending this school over a better ranked school like UCLA? What about lower-T14 like Cornell and Georgetown?

(My stats put me at good chance at BU and a ~40% chance at the others)

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Health law

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Specialties in certain subfields of the law are almost never worth targeting, and this doesn't seem like an exception.

Do you want to work for the FDA specifically, or would you be okay working in the private sector (i.e. for Big Pharma)? Either way you'd be better-off at a T14, but the latter is an easier path because so many more jobs are out there. (UCLA is definitely a bad choice, since that would make it hard to get back to the East Coast if that matters to you.)
rj3131 wrote:(My stats put me at good chance at BU and a ~40% chance at the others)
You can and should improve your stats until you can expect multiple solid T14 offers and/or a big scholarship at a school like BU. Probably just a few more points on the LSAT.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”