W&M, W&L, GMU, American with GI Bill Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
nedwardian

New

W&M, W&L, GMU, American with GI Bill

Post by nedwardian » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:56 am

Stats are <25% GPA (10 years out of undergrad) and 165 LSAT. Definitely underperformed on the LSAT, PTs were averaging 171 and I always missed nearly all my points on LG. I'm not interested in biglaw and I know it's not a strong possibility out of the schools I'm considering. My goal is bigfed though, and I understand the options for that outside of lateraling from biglaw are slim. I'm reluctant to retake and reapply because I'm already mid-30s and not working a great job right now (recently left active duty). So should I go to one of those schools and shoot for clerkship/honors program/JAG?

AdieuCali

Bronze

Re: W&M, W&L, GMU, American with GI Bill

Post by AdieuCali » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:36 am

PMd

nedwardian

New

Post by nedwardian » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks for the message; apparently I can't send messages yet so I'll add some more information here. I'm on the waitlist at UVA and -- as of today -- GW, and I've just signed up for the June LSAT. If I score enough then my plan will be to try to get off the UVA WL, and if that doesn't work then reapply for the next year. If I don't see significant improvement then I'll probably go to W&M or W&L and be thankful I'll be largely debt-free. I appreciate any advice and opinions.

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Sounds like a good plan! If luck has it that you end up at one of the ampersands, I’d give a slight edge to W&M based on its better fedclerk rate (which can be useful to getting into bigfed), slightly better placement in DC, and its proximity to Richmond and Norfolk/HR which have some federal presence.
https://www.lstreports.com/compare/wl/wm/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”