What Price makes sense for ASU? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Eggs

New

What Price makes sense for ASU?

Post by Eggs » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:10 pm

I am from the Midwest, but my parents have moved to Arizona. I love Phoenix and would like to live there long term. I understand retaking until I can get full tuition is truly the best idea. My option at this point would be attending for 90K COA for all three years. This is the worst case projection. It would most likely be lower than that based off my wife's income and help from my parents. Would this be crazy? I figure if I maintained the grades to secure a spot at one of the bigger firms in town, the debt wouldn't be that tough to pay off. Not ideal, but not crippling. If I don't have top grades, I would try to work in prosecution. I know I'd enjoy that work based off interning at a state's attorney office. I know the Maricopa County office is one of the biggest in the country. I've been told they pay in the low 60s, but will also pay off $7,000 of your student loans per year. That makes this option also not seem so bad. Again, I know 90K is nothing to sneeze at, but I'm not crazy for considering this right?

BrainsyK

Bronze

Re: What Price makes sense for ASU?

Post by BrainsyK » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:48 pm

What is your labor worth on the market without a law degree? If you'd work at Starbucks, then 90k is... okay. Less than 50k would be much better. If you otherwise have a good job that has decent upward trajectory, then a full-ride with a stipend might be more appropriate.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”