Wake Forest University vs Indiana University?? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lawschoolhopeful440

New

Wake Forest University vs Indiana University??

Post by lawschoolhopeful440 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Okay so I need everyone's advice! I am pretty much down to Wake and Indiana at this point in the cycle. I have done quite a bit of research for both and have found that both are actually pretty similar to each other in terms of rankings, bar passage rates, and everything like that. Also, with my scholarships both of them are within $1,000 per year from each other, so money isn't really a differentiator either. I still have to ask both to see if they will reconsider their scholarship offer to see if one becomes more appealing. But what does everyone think? I am open to all opinions! I am just looking for other ideas that maybe I haven't considered yet and will potentially sway me one way or the other. Thanks everyone!

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Re: Wake Forest University vs Indiana University??

Post by LSATWiz.com » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:31 pm

These are both regional schools so it depends on where you want to work. I’d also say if you are paying close to sticker, it almost will always make sense to attend a TT with a large scholarship as the curve will be similarly competitive to a t-14, but you’d need a much higher class rank for the same long term outlook.

For this reason, I’m not sure the placement numbers are really that much better than at lower tiered schools as I think most people who get desirable outcomes from these schools may have the same outcome at lower tiered schools as their class rank would likely be higher. I may be alone in this view, but all would agree both are regional schools. The midwest and mid-Atlantic are very different geographic and economic areas.

cavalier1138

Re: Wake Forest University vs Indiana University??

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:02 pm

What are your career goals? Where do you want to work? COA at each school? LSAT/GPA?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”