Suffolk 1/2 Scholarship versus New England Full scholarship Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cmarie2

New

Suffolk 1/2 Scholarship versus New England Full scholarship

Post by cmarie2 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi - I am trying to decide between going to Suffolk on a half scholarship versus going to New England Law on a full scholarship. Was wondering if anyone had any insight. I am aware they are both lower ranked schools - but Suffolk is a bit a higher and seems to have a better reputation in Boston. I am from the area and will be remaining in Boston so reputation in other states is not really a concern for me. I plan to work in public service and possibly run for some local government position later (ie city council, etc). Not really interested in Big Law jobs - but want to be able to get an actual law job after graduating..

objctnyrhnr

Re: Suffolk 1/2 Scholarship versus New England Full scholarship

Post by objctnyrhnr » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:37 pm

cmarie2 wrote:Hi - I am trying to decide between going to Suffolk on a half scholarship versus going to New England Law on a full scholarship. Was wondering if anyone had any insight. I am aware they are both lower ranked schools - but Suffolk is a bit a higher and seems to have a better reputation in Boston. I am from the area and will be remaining in Boston so reputation in other states is not really a concern for me. I plan to work in public service and possibly run for some local government position later (ie city council, etc). Not really interested in Big Law jobs - but want to be able to get an actual law job after graduating..
In a vacuum, they are both pretty equally brutal options, and will get worse if we are in a recession when you finish LS. That said, if you are married to one of these tttts in an already saturated market, New England is the obvious play because all you’ll be wasting is your time.

Food for thought: You do realize that below median (and higher) at both bu and Bc regularly struggle to find employment, even in the public sector, right? It’s not even all biglaw roses at that school level, either. Just seems like if your numbers are good enough to get a full ride at New England, a few more Lsat points could maybe get you into one of them. And those at cost aren’t even great options...but way better than tttts in a secondary market with something like six or seven law schools.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Suffolk 1/2 Scholarship versus New England Full scholarship

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 pm

https://www.lstreports.com/compare/suffolk/newengland/

Both schools are hot garbage - less than a coin flip's chance at legal employment. If you want to practice law you need to get a better LSAT score and go to a decent law school. If you want to work in local government you should probably just avoid law school anyway and ... go work for the local government.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”