Inmigration Law Schools in NY, DC and FL? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
FJPR

New

Inmigration Law Schools in NY, DC and FL?

Post by FJPR » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Current undergrad interested in Inmigration Law. Planning on taking LSAT in July. Any pointers as to which schools to look at? Should I focus on inmigration/public interest programs or strong inmigration/public interest clinics? NY, DC and FL are my top states because of family connections and potential growth options, may also be open to TX, AZ and Cali.

Any suggestions?

ughbugchugplug

Bronze

Re: Inmigration Law Schools in NY, DC and FL?

Post by ughbugchugplug » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:56 pm

FJPR wrote:Current undergrad interested in Inmigration Law. Planning on taking LSAT in July. Any pointers as to which schools to look at? Should I focus on inmigration/public interest programs or strong inmigration/public interest clinics? NY, DC and FL are my top states because of family connections and potential growth options, may also be open to TX, AZ and Cali.

Any suggestions?
Just focus on school rank. Law schools don’t specialize in certain subject matters (with maybe the exception of environmental law). While some will advertise specialities, they do so to lure undergrads who don’t know how the game is played. For example, my school offered an international law speciality that I never heard about again until graduation, when you could check the box of having done that speciality if you took enough classes.

I would guess any of the states you identified above will have thriving immigration practices and any school there will have a clinic focusing on immigration law.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”