GW vs Fordham vs Tier 2 ($$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JoblessAndHopeless

New

GW vs Fordham vs Tier 2 ($$$)

Post by JoblessAndHopeless » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Looking for some advice. Accepted to GW and Fordham with no money, but $100,000+ scholarship from a lower Tier 2 school (but also regionally well-regarded school in the West Coast).
Hoping for biglaw or at least midlaw positions after graduation, preferably in the West Coast in the same Tier 2 school region after graduation.

I'm torn over which one to choose given this situation? I am terrified over the 6-figure law school debt, but also want to maximize my chances for biglaw after graduation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

cavalier1138

Re: GW vs Fordham vs Tier 2 ($$$)

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 pm

JoblessAndHopeless wrote:Hoping for biglaw or at least midlaw positions after graduation, preferably in the West Coast in the same Tier 2 school region after graduation.
That's unlikely from GW or Fordham, which are too expensive for you. And it's probably less likely from your mystery school that you refuse to name for who-knows-what-reason.

So what are you current numbers, and what's the T2 school?

QContinuum

Re: GW vs Fordham vs Tier 2 ($$$)

Post by QContinuum » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Fordham and GWU have reasonable placement into BigLaw, but not West Coast BigLaw. Fordham primarily places in NYC BigLaw; GWU, D.C. BigLaw. Neither is likely to get you West Coast BigLaw. And the BigLaw odds from Fordham/GWU are not high enough to justify attending either school at sticker, IMO - too much of a financial risk to do so.

A CA T2 law school is not likely to get you any BigLaw at all.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”