UF or Wake Forest Law? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jackztf

New

UF or Wake Forest Law?

Post by jackztf » Fri May 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Hello, I've been considering which law schools to apply to and I was wondering if I could get opinions on my thought process so far. I am a Florida resident and UF law school would be a very cheap option for me. I want to live and practice in the Southeast, but I would not mind moving from Florida. I've interned in several law offices and no for a fact I would not enjoy corporate law or working at a large law firm. I'd prefer to work in a mid-sized to small-sized law firm. I also particularly enjoyed interning at an office that focused primarily on family law. However, I also have considered Wake Forest because it seems to have more reach across the Southeast and it places primarily in mid-to-small sized firms. I also really enjoy North Carolina. Any thoughts on where I should consider applying? Thanks.

deadpanic

Silver

Re: UF or Wake Forest Law?

Post by deadpanic » Mon May 21, 2018 5:37 pm

What is the total cost of attendance of each?

Neither school is going to place heavily into big corporate law firms or outside their respective geographic areas so you do not have to worry there.

NC is a really competitive market. I would be cautious of going there without any ties, especially when you have FL ties and UF seems cheaper.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”