Stanford vs. Harvard Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
beinghuman

Re: Stanford vs. Harvard

Post by beinghuman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:14 pm

You can't go wrong here obviously but personally, I would take Harvard.
I do think it opens up more doors for PI work and is better known internationally, in case that matters to you.

Splurgles23

New

Post by Splurgles23 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:03 pm

One thing to note about Harvard is that the size of the student body (both at HLS and Harvard/Cambridge in general) allows you to be flexible in who you keep company with. So if you're looking for particular types of people, "crowds", or people with certain values, there is going to be a greater diversity at Harvard. You won't feel as suffocated as you otherwise might if you go to a smaller student body and don't happen to like its ethos. Given your preferences, that might be a weighty consideration.

ParisHilton

New

Post by ParisHilton » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:56 pm

I had the same choice and similar preferences (including an interest in EA) and ended up choosing S. PM me if you want.

27times

New

Post by 27times » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:28 pm

@ParisHilton Sounds great! I don't think I can PM you yet, possibly because my account is under 24 hours old. Maybe if you initiate? Thanks

27times

New

Post by 27times » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Alternatively, LawSchoolNumbers has a private message feature, and I have the same username there:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/27times

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

agnes_bean

New

Post by agnes_bean » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:15 pm

I don't know much about what the Stanford PI scene is like so I can't comment on that, but FWIW the HLS PI scene is great, and there are a ton of people interested in the areas you are. Lots of 1Ls get involved with PLAP (the Prison Legal Assistance Project) and Harvard Defenders, which are great ways to have an instant community of like-minded folk. Everyone I know who has done the Capital Punishment clinic loved it (and I think Texas is one of the locations it places people). Agree with the general point that HLS's size means you'll have plenty of opportunity to find like-minded "quirky" people you click with.

ParisHilton

New

Post by ParisHilton » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:24 pm

27times wrote:Alternatively, LawSchoolNumbers has a private message feature, and I have the same username there:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/27times
I messaged you on there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”