Texas $$$ vs Penn $ Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LaudSAT

New

Texas $$$ vs Penn $

Post by LaudSAT » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:03 am

Going to law school solely to do PI, no interest in BigLaw. Looking for some advice.

Texas- full tuition scholarship leaving COA at 60-60k but with a terrible LRAP program

Penn- 39k scholarship leaving COA at 285k but with a WAY better LRAP program, and I am also from Philadelphia

Michigan- 45k leaving COA at 220k with a great LRAP

I’m leaning toward Texas but want to hear your opinions on the importance of the LRAP

kjolaw

New

Re: Texas $$$ vs Penn $

Post by kjolaw » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:56 am

With such a difference in loan amount comparing LRAP is not meaningful IMO. Also I wouldn't want to have loans for over a decade..

Austin is a great option. Good luck.

northwood

Platinum

Re: Texas $$$ vs Penn $

Post by northwood » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:07 am

LaudSAT wrote:Going to law school solely to do PI, no interest in BigLaw. Looking for some advice.

Texas- full tuition scholarship leaving COA at 60-60k but with a terrible LRAP program

Penn- 39k scholarship leaving COA at 285k but with a WAY better LRAP program, and I am also from Philadelphia

Michigan- 45k leaving COA at 220k with a great LRAP

I’m leaning toward Texas but want to hear your opinions on the importance of the LRAP
The choice is tea as at 65k total cost of attendance Michigan at 220k cost of attendance and penn at 285k total cost of attendance... given that it’s not 100% certain that you will get and stay in a LRAP eligible job and given that the interest accrues daily on the loans I would go with Texas.since you are from Philadelphia it is plausible for a law firm to understand why you hide Texas over penn when you tell them the difference was 220k tknattend law school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”