BU (30k a year) v Retake Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Dybbuk

New

BU (30k a year) v Retake

Post by Dybbuk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:44 pm

I kind of figure I know the response, but I still wanted some opinions. I'm leaning towards retaking, but I'm also somewhat afraid of what happens if my score doesn't go up any. I have a 166/3.32 GPA with work experience. I got into Boston, and got several waitlists (Notre Dame, BC, Virginia of all places). I'm still waiting for GWL.

I've started prepping again for the LSAT in the past couple of weeks, and am in the mid to upper 160s again. My best ever was a 173. I've taken it twice, once with a 163 then improved to a 166. I really want big law and T-14, especially Michigan if I can get it, and am aware my lower GPA means I would probably have to go 170+. My job however could be best described as sensory overload, and I'm not convinced I can come home and study as much as I need to to improve another 4 points. I'm also aware that this cycle was rather competitive, and am afraid that trend will continue. I'm afraid of retaking for another 166-like score and having it washed out in another sea of high scoring applications next year.

Like I said, I'm leaning towards retaking, I just wanted some opinions.

beinghuman

Re: BU (30k a year) v Retake

Post by beinghuman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:24 pm

If you want biglaw, you should go to a T-13, which means you should retake.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”