BC (20k/year) vs UConn (full scholarship) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lwittgenstein

New

BC (20k/year) vs UConn (full scholarship)

Post by lwittgenstein » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 pm

I live abroad so I won't be able to visit either campus, but I applied to four schools this fall: UConn, Georgetown, Fordham, and BC, and was accepted to BC (20k/year), UConn (full tuition scholarship), and Fordham (20k/year). I scored 165 on the LSAT and had a 3.5 undergraduate GPA.

I'm hoping to stay in the Northeast, and perhaps live in a more rural environment (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire) as I get older. My family's all in New York City. I don't have big law dreams -- just hoping to be able to pay off my debt within a reasonable timeframe, and have a job that is intellectually stimulating (I'm mostly excited for the intellectual stimulation I'll find in law school) and in which I feel like I have a directly positive impact in people's lives. My savings will more than adequately cover living expenses for the next three years. I'm considering deferring a year to study literature because I'm not sure if I'd rather become a high school literature teacher.

What do you think?

sifn32

New

Re: BC (20k/year) vs UConn (full scholarship)

Post by sifn32 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:15 pm

It's dumb to go to law school when you're not sure if you want to be a lawyer but it's even dumber to even pay 150k over three years to go to law school when you're not sure if you want to be a lawyer. I guess UConn is the better option here but you should try to see if law is really the thing for you.

Johann

Diamond

Re: BC (20k/year) vs UConn (full scholarship)

Post by Johann » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:18 pm

yeah sounds like you should go somewhere for free if you are wishy washy on it.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”