Texas, VANDY, GEORGETOWN? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
HUalumni93

New

Texas, VANDY, GEORGETOWN?

Post by HUalumni93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I'm kind of torn. On one hand, I'm from the DC area and would love to work in DC, on the other, I am attracted to UT Austin and the cost of living in Texas after graduation.

Each school gave me roughly 2/3 tuition. I also have WUSTL with $$$$.
I hope to get big law at any school I go to.

HUalumni93

New

Re: Texas, VANDY, GEORGETOWN?

Post by HUalumni93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Waiting on UVA

nealric

Post by nealric » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:01 am

Just FYI- Georgetown actually places best in NYC. DC tends to be a tough nut to crack. That being said, all of the Texas firms do come to Georgetown OCI. It would be helpful to have ties to Texas, however if you are going that route.

I would strike Vandy and WUSTL off the list if you are into Georgetown and Texas and want to do biglaw.

HUalumni93

New

Post by HUalumni93 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:13 pm

nealric wrote:Just FYI- Georgetown actually places best in NYC. DC tends to be a tough nut to crack. That being said, all of the Texas firms do come to Georgetown OCI. It would be helpful to have ties to Texas, however if you are going that route.

I would strike Vandy and WUSTL off the list if you are into Georgetown and Texas and want to do biglaw.

I have no ties to Texas. And while I wouldn't be opposed to NYC, I dislike the idea of losing most of my income to loan payments and high COL.

My goal is to keep debt as low as possible so I can buy a house in a low COL area after a few years.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”