UCI vs GWU Prestige Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bazilhazel

New

UCI vs GWU Prestige

Post by bazilhazel » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 pm

I am looking for info solely on the prestige of UCI versus GWU. I have already factored in cost, location, employment rates, etc., but I'm having a hard time figuring out which school carries more clout in terms of its name. Can anyone help?

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: UCI vs GWU Prestige

Post by sparkytrainer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Neither

longtimelurker123

New

Post by longtimelurker123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 pm

GW. disclaimer: I went to GW for 1L but transferred to CCN.

(1) Significant portion of the east coast has never heard of UCI.
(2) GW has national reach -- not necessarily because of prestige but because of its big class sizes. While some people see this as a negative, I see/saw it as a positive. Even if only 1/3 of GW gets big law/federal clerkship, that's like 170+ biglaw lawyers being pumped into the market every year.

andychen

New

Post by andychen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:54 am

for layman reputation, nyu, gwu, bu is the same tier, and nyu>gwu>bu, all these three schools are much more known than uci.
for law school , gw put the 8th most numbers of graduates into big law, and the 14th most numbers of graduates to be federal suprem court clerks amongs all law schools. to be honest , in a very long period, gw law reputation just track t14. Although the rank of gw slided, but as the dean of gw has announced to cut the class size and decrease the acceptance rate, we can expect gw back to the place they traditionally below to in the near future.
To be frank, gw law has much more reputuion than uci law.

andychen

New

Post by andychen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 am

longtimelurker123 wrote:GW. disclaimer: I went to GW for 1L but transferred to CCN.

(1) Significant portion of the east coast has never heard of UCI.
(2) GW has national reach -- not necessarily because of prestige but because of its big class sizes. While some people see this as a negative, I see/saw it as a positive. Even if only 1/3 of GW gets big law/federal clerkship, that's like 170+ biglaw lawyers being pumped into the market every year.
gw law put the 8th most number of graduates into big law amongs all law school, even more than some t14s.
there are a bunch of lawyers graduate from gw even is ca. I have seen a report as "what law school do the lawyers who hired by top100 hollywood superstar graduate from", there are 4 top100 superstar they hire lawyers graduate from gwu, and gwu is the only non-t14 law school besieds ucla and usc on the list. although gw can not compare with t14, but I think it is a quasi-national law shool is without problem.
and i believe it is very very hard to find a lawyer graduate from uci in dc or ny.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”