Case Western Reserve vs. Temple Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Case Western Reserve vs. Temple

Case Western Reserve
17%
Temple
83%

Total votes: 6

ronald47

New

Case Western Reserve vs. Temple

Post by ronald47 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:28 am

Hello!
I'm really close to making my final decision and it's come down to Case Western Reserve and Temple.

Case Western Reserve - $44,000/yr with good academic standing (out of pocket tuition of $6,000/yr)
Temple - $25,000/yr with 2.5 GPA stipulation (out of pocket tuition of $13,000/yr)

I know Temple is better ranked and has slightly higher average salary of graduates, but would the extra $21,000 and the psychological burden of maintaining 2.5 GPA worth it? (+ I won't be able to continue at Temple if my scholarship is eliminated)
FYI, I don't mind living in either Cleveland or Philadelphia, and I want to practice international law.
Any thoughts/votes would be appreciated! Thanks :D

Johann

Diamond

Re: Case Western Reserve vs. Temple

Post by Johann » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:59 am

Probably case western but depends where you want to work (pa or oh) and how debt averse you are (sounds like very). Either is fin if you don’t have goals of biglaw.

Phillyc/o18

New

Re: Case Western Reserve vs. Temple

Post by Phillyc/o18 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 am

I would agree with the previous person, it really depends on where you want to work. Neither school is a T14 so it's rather hard to go outside of the area at either school. This should be your first question. Next, think about the international law programs (but, most people change their mind as to what kind of law they want to do once in law school). I know Temple's is rather good; I know nothing about Case Western.
I think the choice is pretty clear, Temple. There is just a larger market in Philly and not so in Cleveland. Also, the previous user is wrong about biglaw. Many from Temple go into biglaw in Philly; it's all about grades, not school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”