The ED chance for UCLA 2019? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
andychen

New

The ED chance for UCLA 2019?

Post by andychen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:20 pm

I am an international applicant and my stats is 165/AA.

what about the chance for ED UCLA if I apply as early as possible next circle?

Thanks

icechicken

Bronze

Re: The ED chance for UCLA 2019?

Post by icechicken » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:36 am

andychen wrote:I am an international applicant and my stats is 165/AA.

what about the chance for ED UCLA if I apply as early as possible next circle?

Thanks
5 months ago you wanted to apply early-decision to GW. Why do you want to go to UCLA?

FWIW, your chances are probably not great, and even if you got accepted you'd be completely ruining your life with $300k of debt and a strong possibility of not being able to stay in the US to work. I don't think this is a very good plan.

slurp

New

Post by slurp » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:49 am

I suggest that you try developing your English writing more between now and your matriculation. You scored higher than 90% of all testakers - most of whom are native English speakers - so if you put in the effort, I'm sure you can get where you need to be.

As for UCLA ED, you should only apply ED to their full tuition Distinguished Scholars Program, but the deadline was November 15 so you will have to wait until next year. Like the above poster said, however, your chances are probably not great. Taking time off is probably not a bad idea to really up your writing skills, and waiting will also give you a shot at an LSAT retake if you decide to change your mind.

if you are AA as in African American, you probably have a decent shot at UCLA admission, not quite sure of your chances of grabbing the full tuition ED, though.

Good luck!

andychen

New

Post by andychen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 am

slurp wrote:I suggest that you try developing your English writing more between now and your matriculation. You scored higher than 90% of all testakers - most of whom are native English speakers - so if you put in the effort, I'm sure you can get where you need to be.

As for UCLA ED, you should only apply ED to their full tuition Distinguished Scholars Program, but the deadline was November 15 so you will have to wait until next year. Like the above poster said, however, your chances are probably not great. Taking time off is probably not a bad idea to really up your writing skills, and waiting will also give you a shot at an LSAT retake if you decide to change your mind.

if you are AA as in African American, you probably have a decent shot at UCLA admission, not quite sure of your chances of grabbing the full tuition ED, though.

Good luck!
thank you my friend! I mean that I gap a year and to apply the binding early decision program rather than Distinguished Scholars Program next circle, as UCLA enjoys a great reputation in my county,it is promising for me to get a decent job when i come back to my country, and to pay sticker will not ruin my life, i just want to know the possibility of getting the admission

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”