What They Do Not Tell You About Stanford Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
brandeis4

New

What They Do Not Tell You About Stanford Law School

Post by brandeis4 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:05 am

It is all about GPA and LSAT. Not worth applying unless you have a 172. Nothing holistic unless you are a URM. Very frat like atmosphere of people who want to go to big law. For public interest, think Georgetown or NYU. For prestige, Harvard or Yale. Also very hard to get in from Stanford undergrad. They will accept USC and UCLA troglodytes first.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Re: What They Do Not Tell You About Stanford Law School

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:47 am

brandeis4 wrote:It is all about GPA and LSAT. Not worth applying unless you have a 172. Nothing holistic unless you are a URM. Very frat like atmosphere of people who want to go to big law. For public interest, think Georgetown or NYU. For prestige, Harvard or Yale. Also very hard to get in from Stanford undergrad. They will accept USC and UCLA troglodytes first.
If not a Stanford troll, what led you to these conclusions? I've always been quite interested in Stanford Law School and was definitely planning on applying.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:49 am

brandeis4 wrote:It is all about GPA and LSAT. Not worth applying unless you have a 172. Nothing holistic unless you are a URM. Very frat like atmosphere of people who want to go to big law. For public interest, think Georgetown or NYU. For prestige, Harvard or Yale. Also very hard to get in from Stanford undergrad. They will accept USC and UCLA troglodytes first.
(white stanford undergrad with 171 LSAT who got rejected by SLS)

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:34 am

brandeis4 wrote:They will accept USC and UCLA troglodytes with higher scores on a standardized test believed to have some correlation with law school success first.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 am

Who didn't tell you this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:03 am

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:18 am

Platopus wrote:
brandeis4 wrote:It is all about GPA and LSAT.
Are you sure? My prelaw advisor said schools take a holistic approach
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 am

OP, you sound like a 1L who is either succumbing to the stresses of fall quarter or possibly a Stanford undergrad who was rejected with decent, but not great, numbers.I had completely different experiences at SLS than the ones you describe.

SLS is definitely not all about the numbers and is black box to a large extent. People in my class who had literally perfect numbers were waitlisted, while I know of several non-URMs who got in without the waitlist but had below median numbers on both LSAT and GPA. I was waitlisted with both numbers above median, and several of my friends got in off the waitlist before me with lower numbers. You need to remember there are only 180 spots in the class, and that many applicants truly have unicorn-level softs/stories. If being rejected from SLS with below median numbers is why you’re bitter (your UCLA/USC comment...), know that the person whom they accepted probably has near-perfect softs in addition to outstanding numbers.

The rest of your post is complete gibberish. SLS has a strong public interest community and is the furthest thing from a fratty big law factory. A substantial number of my classmates landed prestigious public interest jobs. Your prestige comment is hilarious. If prestige influences where you go to law school, you’re probably not a good fit for SLS. The school does pretty good in the prestige department, though, especially on the West Coast :)

If you are a disheartened 1L, things get better, trust me. If you didn’t get into SLS and are mad, you’re still going to get into a great school and have a great career. Please don’t spread blatant lies about one of the most special law schools in the world, though.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:49 am

goldenflash19 wrote:Please don’t spread blatant lies about one of the most special law schools in the world, though.
And on the other end of the crazy spectrum...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:20 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
goldenflash19 wrote:Please don’t spread blatant lies about one of the most special law schools in the world, though.
And on the other end of the crazy spectrum...
It’s like a big horseshoe of tism

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Let's keep this drama going. Why do you think Stanford is fratty, OP? Why are people from USC and UCLA troglodytes? Why is Harvard more prestigious?

ilpsm

Bronze

Post by ilpsm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 pm

checking in as a USC troglodyte. never thought i could get in but now i'll apply, thanks op!
Last edited by ilpsm on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenEggs

Gold

Post by GreenEggs » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:01 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
Platopus wrote:
brandeis4 wrote:It is all about GPA and LSAT.
Are you sure? My prelaw advisor said schools take a holistic approach
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:20 pm

ilpsm wrote:checking in as a USC troglodyte. never thought i could get in but now i'll apply, thanks op!
:lol:
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brandeis4

New

Post by brandeis4 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:00 am

Drama continues. Goldenflash is the one that lies like a rug. Check out the number of SLS grads who go into public interest --it is about 5%. For those of you who are really interested in this highly overrated school, I suggest you spend some time in the library or the open air study area and figure out for yourself if these are well rounded individuals with whom you would want to spend three years of your life.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:02 am

brandeis4 wrote:Drama continues. Goldenflash is the one that lies like a rug. Check out the number of SLS grads who go into public interest --it is about 5%. For those of you who are really interested in this highly overrated school, I suggest you spend some time in the library or the open air study area and figure out for yourself if these are well rounded individuals with whom you would want to spend three years of your life.
Actually, it's closer to 12% of grads going straight to PI/gov't.

Wouldn't a diary be a better place to process your feelings about not getting in?

hdunlop

Bronze

Post by hdunlop » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:24 am

Your thread is more informative about the shortcomings of the undergrad admissions office than the law school's.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:25 am

rpupkin wrote:
(white stanford undergrad with 171 LSAT who got rejected by SLS)
Got me laughing up a STORM out here in public

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:26 am

I know a white guy who got in with WELL below that. I'll check back in when I need to season my food; you seem to have a lot of salt on hand.

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:28 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
ilpsm wrote:checking in as a USC troglodyte. never thought i could get in but now i'll apply, thanks op!
:lol:
BRUH! Did you dress up your avi for the holidays? Legend.

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:53 am

I always wondered why opposing counsel from stanford answered their phone: “steve, SLS grad, sup?”

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Barack O'Drama » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:57 pm

Post removed...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”