3.9 167 (twice) - need advice Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Re: 3.9 167 (twice) - need advice

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:02 pm

existentialcrisis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
existentialcrisis wrote:
Dcc617 wrote:If you’re K-JD you should be taking time off anyway. Work for a couple years to save money, get experience, etc. Law school will still be there.
This 1000% percent.

I was a K-JD, with basically the same rationale as the OP.

Now I tell everyone and their mother not to do it.
IDK, I'm a K-JD at a T13 with a pretty decent scholarship, and I'm digging it so far.
I don’t know if that’s supposed to be some kind of gotcha?

I was also at a T13. Now I’m a K-Jd in biglaw. If nothing else, I think I would be much, much better at my job if I’d had real work experience before.

And that is only one of the many reasons why people should take time off.
Late reply, but it wasn't some sort of gotcha. My point was that multiple perspectives exist, and there isn't only one correct choice among them. Some people need to take time off and find it valuable, and others hop right in and don't feel like they are missing much (or anything).

existentialcrisis

Silver

Re: 3.9 167 (twice) - need advice

Post by existentialcrisis » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:34 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
existentialcrisis wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
existentialcrisis wrote:
Dcc617 wrote:If you’re K-JD you should be taking time off anyway. Work for a couple years to save money, get experience, etc. Law school will still be there.
This 1000% percent.

I was a K-JD, with basically the same rationale as the OP.

Now I tell everyone and their mother not to do it.
IDK, I'm a K-JD at a T13 with a pretty decent scholarship, and I'm digging it so far.
I don’t know if that’s supposed to be some kind of gotcha?

I was also at a T13. Now I’m a K-Jd in biglaw. If nothing else, I think I would be much, much better at my job if I’d had real work experience before.

And that is only one of the many reasons why people should take time off.
Late reply, but it wasn't some sort of gotcha. My point was that multiple perspectives exist, and there isn't only one correct choice among them. Some people need to take time off and find it valuable, and others hop right in and don't feel like they are missing much (or anything).
Yea but I guess my point was that I don’t think K-JDs who haven’t started working yet are really in a position to evaluate what they’re missing.

I cannot imagine a single person for whom taking time off would not be valuable.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”