Input on my school list? (3.23 167) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
CADM1UM

New

Input on my school list? (3.23 167)

Post by CADM1UM » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Just wanted to hear some input on my list. I'd like to maybe cut this down by a couple of schools and also readjust my "tiers." Any of these schools in the wrong category for my scores?

LSAC GPA: 3.23
LSAT: 167

Reaches:

Vanderbilt (first choice)
UCLA
USC
UT Austin

Matches:

Emory
WashU
BC
BU
Notre Dame
Alabama
Wake Forest (safety maybe?)

Safeties:

Illinois
Wake Forest/ W&L (which one would you suggest?)

cavalier1138

Re: Input on my school list? (3.23 167)

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:04 pm

This list seems like it accurately reflects your chances, but you're organizing it like you would a list of applications for undergraduate schools. You're applying to schools in a whole bunch of different regions, which indicates that you either don't know where you want to work or haven't thought much about how influential your school choice is on where you end up.

So your list should be ordered based on what you want to do and where you want to do it, not based on going anywhere that takes you.

CADM1UM

New

Re: Input on my school list? (3.23 167)

Post by CADM1UM » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:08 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
So your list should be ordered based on what you want to do and where you want to do it, not based on going anywhere that takes you.

Oh I'm well aware. This isn't ordered based on my preference, just likelihood of getting in and getting good money. I just wanted to order it this way just to verify from other people I'm being realistic.

But also I don't have any strong preferences for location where I end up. South would probably be my first choice but I grew up in CA, born in northeast and all my family is there, college in the south, short 2 year stint in Texas. I've experienced and enjoyed most of these regions.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”