PT..LAW SCHOOLS IN CHICAGO Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
soon2blawyer

New

PT..LAW SCHOOLS IN CHICAGO

Post by soon2blawyer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:43 pm

Due to family circumstances, I am an older returning studen (age31) interested in attending law school, I cannot attend FT so Part-Time is my only option. Out of the 4 law schools in Chgo that offer PT Evening my analysis is..that as far as ranking goes..its

1.chgo-kent
2.Loyola
3. Depaul
4. John Marshall..

tuition wise all 4 are about the same. I like Chgo-Kent most esp. for their le
gal writing programs though I know John Marshall also has a good reputation for their legal writing..so is my analysis right? Does anyone have any advice if one of these outranks the other?? Thank you all!!

cavalier1138

Re: PT..LAW SCHOOLS IN CHICAGO

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:08 pm

1. Why can you not attend full-time?

2. What are your career goals?

3. As a ranking of local Chicago schools, this list should have Loyola at the top. And if you want a shot at being a practicing lawyer, John Marshall shouldn't even be on the list at all.

soon2blawyer

New

Post by soon2blawyer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:35 pm

as I mentioned, I have family obligations, as the primary breadwinner of the family, I have a mortgage to pay..so there is no way..I could stop working

with that being said..although I know JMLS is the lowest ranked, I know plenty of attorneys who are now partners and some are even GCs of companies...I understand ranking is of the utmost importance to many but I also believe law school is what you make out of it....

I'm interested in regulatory compliance or as in_house counsel....I currently work in legal so I'm pretty familiar with which jobs I know would be a good fit for me.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Flame

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:20 am

Yeah, I assume this is a troll, because even a casual observer wouldn't mistake John Marshall for a real law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:40 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Yeah, I assume this is a troll, because even a casual observer wouldn't mistake John Marshall for a real law school.
When you can't get into any other law school in the area and you see its ranked #5 in legal writing (and writing is such an important part of being a lawyer!) you immediately shove your head in the sand and tell yourself you somehow have the opportunity to go to a really good law school. I don't know how many people actually go through this thought process, but I imagine its a decent number of people.

Alive97

Bronze

Post by Alive97 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:35 pm

Try to get into the highest rank one on a scholarship, because ranking does in fact have huge importance for finding employment. You can find schools' employment statistics online, and those stats don't lie.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”