For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect school Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ernie

Bronze

For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect school

Post by ernie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:12 pm

"For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect school."

-TLS (link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/wiki/Hofstra_Law)

It's time for TLS to finally kill off these horrendous law school profiles and articles. Frankly, this should have been done a long time ago. The fact that these articles drive traffic to TLS is not a good reason to keep them online. TLS often opines that students at mediocre law schools should have done their due diligence before deciding to attend; perhaps we shouldn't make that due diligence harder by polluting the internet with hundreds of misleading puff pieces about toilet-tier law schools. A sampling...

"No New York Law Schools Directory can ignore the rising star that Yeshiva (Cardozo) has become since its recent formation barely twenty seven years ago. . . . With a faculty concerned about teaching and the ability for motivated students to graduate in two and a half years, most students who attend Cardozo are happy with their choice."
(link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/new-york ... hools.html)

"A law school on the rise is Thomas Jefferson, which recently received ABA accreditation in 1996. Thomas Jefferson has been successful in recruiting both dedicated professors and increasingly strong students to bolster its reputation. Buoyed by a continually increasing bar passage rate and a decreasing acceptance rate, the law school continues to carve out a strong niche for itself amongst Southern California law schools."
(link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/san-dieg ... hools.html)

"If you feel confident that law school is for you, I recommend that you proceed even if you do not get into the school of your dreams. If you have hesitations, I would still consider going, especially if you get into one of the top law schools because that diploma will open up other options: the skills learned in law school are readily transferable to a wide number of other fields."
(link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/prelaw1.html)

cavalier1138

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the forums are kind of a separate entity from the no-longer-curated pages/blogs on the site, right?

cornell2020

New

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Post by cornell2020 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:27 pm

The issue goes beyond mere puffery of TTTs. There is a lot of incorrect and outdated information on the wiki, even about good schools. I think it would be ideal for TLS to reactivate and maintain these resources, but barring that, it seems like it would be prudent to either take them down or preface them with a clear warning of their datedness.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

I agree and we have had/ are having behind the scene discussions on how to address.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Came in here expecting OP to be Hofstra adcomm. Pretty disappointed.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:14 pm

sublime wrote:I agree and we have had/ are having behind the scene discussions on how to address.
You should let the TLS hivemind edit the law school profiles. For science.
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:19 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
sublime wrote:I agree and we have had/ are having behind the scene discussions on how to address.
You should let the TLS hivemind edit the law school profiles. For science.
And maybe let SBL come back just to rewrite Hastings seems appropriate.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 am

We should just redirect to 3rdtierreality's school profiles.

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 am

We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though

nothingtosee

Silver

Post by nothingtosee » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:27 am

bluelotus for bc
let's also find unemployed_northeastern from the ATL comments

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:37 am

jingosaur wrote:We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though
I really want to read this lmao

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:15 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
jingosaur wrote:We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though
Found it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =306264248

Mods, please update

Thelaw23

Silver

Post by Thelaw23 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:17 pm

jingosaur wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
Found it:

Mods, please update

"On July 23, 2009, borderline mental retard Peter Cammarano, a Seton Hall Law alum and mayor of Hoboken, NJ, was charged with extortion by color of offical right for accepting $25,000 from an undercover FBI agent. "

Gold

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
Found it:

Mods, please update

"On July 23, 2009, borderline mental retard Peter Cammarano, a Seton Hall Law alum and mayor of Hoboken, NJ, was charged with extortion by color of offical right for accepting $25,000 from an undercover FBI agent. "

Gold
That dude should have written a book

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:23 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
Found it:

Mods, please update

Gold
That dude should have written a book
He had a blog, but it's long gone

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:23 pm

What's the address? Can't the webmaster just take them down?

NotSkadden

New

Post by NotSkadden » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:11 pm

I've always been a gambling man, if I may say so myself.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”