... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
existentialcrisis

Silver

Re: Duke Vs. Cornell

Post by existentialcrisis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:42 pm

chargers21 wrote: Thank you for your input Rpupkin. Anecdotal evidence is generally bad for LS stuff. I ultimately decided the seemingly small advantage of Duke over Cornell for Atlanta specific jobs wasn't worth the financial difference, and I am heading to Cornell. I feel like saving some money will allow me to relax a little, since money tends to stress me out. That might help my grades. Also, I'm an avid outdoorsman, and Durham's weather would have been very distracting for me. 2L and 3L me might be pissed about the weather, but I think it will end up helping 1L me out. From what I've heard, grades will likely be more of a deciding factor in whether I can get in at some firms than school, so I'm going all in on that. Before picking Cornell, I also sold myself on the idea that I can live in NYC, and that for the career that I have decided to pursue, it might be the best thing for me early on in my career. I am correct in thinking that if I put in a good 3 years at a reputable NYC firm, I might have the option to lateral or transfer into a secondary market, rightt? I'm not giving up on my initial goal, but I'm just trying to plan for the event that it doesn't happen
This is one of the most measured, well thought out choices I've ever seen on this board.

mt2165

Silver

Post by mt2165 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Congrats. Recent Cornell law grad. Fwiw, pretty much everyone I know who targeted a smaller and/or secondary market and had ties got that market.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”