Columbia sticker vs NU freeride vs Retake and Recycle Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What should I do?

Columbia at sticker
5%
Northwestern freeride
90%
If no luck with Harvard - recycle
4%

Total votes: 156

FLSFHYS

New

Re: Columbia sticker vs NU freeride vs Retake and Recycle

Post by FLSFHYS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:39 am

rpupkin wrote:
FLSFHYS wrote:Emailed a partner at a V70 firm in LA that I happen to know with the question in the OP, and here is a part of his response:
"You can be in top third at Columbia and get a good job at most LA firms. At Northwestern you may have to be in the top 10-15% <...> The top-third vs. top 10-15% example is not hypothetical—I was extensively involved in recruiting at *different V50 firm name*, and this is roughly consistent with the grade cutoffs the firm used in deciding who to even consider for a call-back interview"

Seems to go against the common wisdom on these forums, but, considering this guy's credentials, it just made me lean towards Columbia that much more :/
Although I won't go so far as to say that the partner was being untruthful or imprecise, I don't think his estimates are representative of the overall market. I've always thought that CLS and Chicago got a slight overall bump over the non-HYSB T14 in Southern California, but it's not on the order of top 33% versus top 10%-15%. The firm I summered at basically treated all non-HYS T14 schools the same in terms of grades. The firm I'm at now might give a CLS student a slight bump over a NU or a Penn or a Duke student, but it would be something like a 5% bump, if that.

Look, a CLS student has a slightly better chance of getting job in Cali compared to a NU student. Is that slight chance worth an extra $200K+ in debt? It's not even a close question.
I totally get what you're saying, and I damn near put in my NU deposit today, but then I read that guy's email. I can't speak to the numbers he's citing, but his involvement in recruiting at his firm is on the company's website. And I don't see a reason why he would be giving me false information. Another part of the same email quoted a friend of his (a partner at a V150 lit boutique in LA) to whom he described my situation, and his advice was pretty much the same: "a freeride from NU is incredibly attractive, but tell him to be in the top 15-20% if he wants good firms in Cali. Columbia is a safer bet".
I'm pretty damn confused to be honest. A bunch of faceless strangers (no offense) on a law school admissions forum pretty much unanimously advise A, while 2 people with verified credentials who currently make hiring decisions in the market that I'm dead set on are telling me B. Looks like a "resolve the paradox" question to me :) One possibility that I see is that NU is great in a lot of places in the US, and incredibly portable to possibly 90% of the markets, but falls somewhat short in SoCal (or Cali in general) due to how insular the market is and how (comparatively) limited the jobs are. Unfortunately, I am dead set on Cali, and a law school's placement statistics are only as good to me as they relate to this market. I do realize how crushing the debt can be, but in no way does it seem unmanageable. Hell, if I'll be making $4k/month payments, what I'll have left after Cali taxes will still be several times better than what I live on now. Not having debt upon graduation and having that $4k month in the pocket instead seems very attractive, but for several personal reasons I will be miserable if I can't get an LA gig. The additional SoCal placement safety cushion I get from Columbia's prestige, in a way, seems like a safer route. I will have to incur significant debt for the next 8-10 years, but paying it off will be an eventuality, and I'll have much better chances of paying it off while living where I really want to live.
In any case, I need to do a lot of digging in the next few days. NU gave me a small deadline extension, so I'll spend the next few days doing just that. Additional input/advice is still greatly appreciated.
edited: V50->V150
Last edited by FLSFHYS on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:55 am

FLSFHYS wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
FLSFHYS wrote:Emailed a partner at a V70 firm in LA that I happen to know with the question in the OP, and here is a part of his response:
"You can be in top third at Columbia and get a good job at most LA firms. At Northwestern you may have to be in the top 10-15% <...> The top-third vs. top 10-15% example is not hypothetical—I was extensively involved in recruiting at *different V50 firm name*, and this is roughly consistent with the grade cutoffs the firm used in deciding who to even consider for a call-back interview"

Seems to go against the common wisdom on these forums, but, considering this guy's credentials, it just made me lean towards Columbia that much more :/
Although I won't go so far as to say that the partner was being untruthful or imprecise, I don't think his estimates are representative of the overall market. I've always thought that CLS and Chicago got a slight overall bump over the non-HYSB T14 in Southern California, but it's not on the order of top 33% versus top 10%-15%. The firm I summered at basically treated all non-HYS T14 schools the same in terms of grades. The firm I'm at now might give a CLS student a slight bump over a NU or a Penn or a Duke student, but it would be something like a 5% bump, if that.

Look, a CLS student has a slightly better chance of getting job in Cali compared to a NU student. Is that slight chance worth an extra $200K+ in debt? It's not even a close question.
I totally get what you're saying, and I damn near put in my NU deposit today, but then I read that guy's email. I can't speak to the numbers he's citing, but his involvement in recruiting at his firm is on the company's website. And I don't see a reason why he would be giving me false information. Another part of the same email quoted a friend of his (a partner at a V50 lit boutique in LA) to whom he described my situation, and his advice was pretty much the same: "a freeride from NU is incredibly attractive, but tell him to be in the top 15-20% if he wants good firms in Cali. Columbia is a safer bet".
This is driving me crazy. There are no V50 lit boutiques in LA. Maybe your partner's "friend" is at MTO, which is too big to be a boutique (and isn't only lit) but is probably the closest thing to a lit boutique in the V50 in California. Anyway, it's true that you'd probably have to be in the top 15-20% (plus a clerkship) to get a job at MTO out of NU. But you would also need those grades to get a job there out of CLS.

You're getting bad information. I understand not wanting to accept the faceless conventional wisdom of an internet message board, but please, please, talk to more lawyers, including younger lawyers. Talk to recent grads of both NU and CLS. Don't base your decision on the input of a single partner whose advice included anecdotes from a friend at a fictional V50 lit boutique.

FLSFHYS

New

Post by FLSFHYS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:12 am

rpupkin wrote:
FLSFHYS wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

I totally get what you're saying, and I damn near put in my NU deposit today, but then I read that guy's email. I can't speak to the numbers he's citing, but his involvement in recruiting at his firm is on the company's website. And I don't see a reason why he would be giving me false information. Another part of the same email quoted a friend of his (a partner at a V50 lit boutique in LA) to whom he described my situation, and his advice was pretty much the same: "a freeride from NU is incredibly attractive, but tell him to be in the top 15-20% if he wants good firms in Cali. Columbia is a safer bet".
This is driving me crazy. There are no V50 lit boutiques in LA. Maybe your partner's "friend" is at MTO, which is too big to be a boutique (and isn't only lit) but is probably the closest thing to a lit boutique in the V50. Anyway, it's true that you'd probably have to be in the top 15-20% (plus a clerkship) to get a job at MTO out of NU. But you would also need those grades to get a job there out of CLS.

You're getting bad information. I understand not wanting to accept the faceless conventional wisdom of an internet message board, but please, please, talk to more lawyers, including younger lawyers. Talk to recent grads of both NU and CLS. Don't base your decision on the input of a single partner whose advice included anecdotes from a friend at a fictional V50 lit boutique.
Oops, skipped a symbol there. Meant to say V150. It is in the top 10 of "best Midsize Law Firms to Work For" and in the top 5 "Best Midsize Law Firms for Compensation," even though I'm pretty sure these rankings are less useful than the overall one.
And I know I need grades from Columbia as well, but being one of ~120 (~400*0.3) sounds a hell of a lot easier than being one of ~33(220*0.15).
In any case, I'm planning on contacting NU alumni in LA and hearing about their experience in the next few days. So the decision is still pending :/

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:51 am

FLSFHYS wrote: Oops, skipped a symbol there. Meant to say V150. It is in the top 10 of "best Midsize Law Firms to Work For" and in the top 5 "Best Midsize Law Firms for Compensation," even though I'm pretty sure these rankings are less useful than the overall one.
And I know I need grades from Columbia as well, but being one of ~120 (~400*0.3) sounds a hell of a lot easier than being one of ~33(220*0.15).
Ok, one more post and then I'll leave you alone.

First, it's completely illogical to assume that CLS's larger class size will make it easier to get a job, which is part of what your "one of X" thinking is based on. The other part of your formula is that multiplier, which you've taken from your partner's description of his firm's hiring practices. Again, I don't think it's representative. Just to pick an example, I'm pretty sure your partner's friend at Hueston Hennigan isn't giving CLS students that kind of bump over the rest of the T14.

As I said earlier, I believe that CLS gives you somewhat improved odds at landing big law in LA. I concede that CLS and NU aren't identical in terms of prestige (though they're not far apart) in the LA market. But remember this when you hear advice from partners: law school was much more affordable when they attended. The difference between a "full ride" and "sticker" didn't mean the same thing back then. Tuition at CLS 20 years ago was $23K; 30 years ago it was closer to $10K. Today, it's $65K and rising. Even accounting for inflation, law tuition is about 2-3 times as expensive today as it was when the typical partner when to law school. Also, a higher percentage of loans were subsidized, and rental prices in places like Morningside Heights were cheaper.

When a law partner says something like "NU is a good school, but I think I'd want the extra security of CLS," keep in mind that the partner may not truly appreciate how crushing your debt will be out of CLS. There's nothing in his personal experience (or the experience of his peers) that's comparable. At sticker at CLS, you're looking at something close to $300K of debt.

I mean, if we were talking about a COA difference of $50K between the two schools, then I could see saying, "the extra debt will hurt, but I value the slightly improved odds that the CLS name will give me in Southern California." But at the COA difference you're actually considering here, I think you'd be making a reckless, life-limiting choice to go CLS at sticker. Take the full ride at NU. Or try again next cycle. But don't pay sticker at CLS.

Good luck with your decision.

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:41 am

OP are you seriously considering paying $300,000 for a slight increase in odds of LA big law?

Think about that for a second. Is this real life? NU full ride is easily one of the 10 most desirable outcomes in a cycle. CLS at sticker is not close. Take the money and run

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BruiseWillis

Bronze

Post by BruiseWillis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:43 am

Pure Applesauce wrote:OP are you seriously considering paying $300,000 for a slight increase in odds of LA big law?

Think about that for a second. Is this real life? NU full ride is easily one of the 10 most desirable outcomes in a cycle. CLS at sticker is not close. Take the money and run
+1, this thread is bonkers

ambrajdurbra131313

New

Post by ambrajdurbra131313 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:18 am

You should just reach out to young (first and second year) NW attorneys in LA and/or get NW's stats on what grades are generally required for the various LA offices and/or reach out to current NW student's who can give examples of people in their class that got LA- to me the answer is still NW 100%, but I would think that doing your due diligence by reaching out could only be positive- you'd deposit at NW if you liked what they had to say or you'd feel better about the increased odds at Columbia if you thought LA still sounded tough from NW

FLSFHYS

New

Post by FLSFHYS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:44 pm

ambrajdurbra131313 wrote:You should just reach out to young (first and second year) NW attorneys in LA and/or get NW's stats on what grades are generally required for the various LA offices and/or reach out to current NW student's who can give examples of people in their class that got LA- to me the answer is still NW 100%, but I would think that doing your due diligence by reaching out could only be positive- you'd deposit at NW if you liked what they had to say or you'd feel better about the increased odds at Columbia if you thought LA still sounded tough from NW
Reached out to NU today with my concerns and a request to be connected to NU alumnis in LA biglaw. I'll let you guys know what I learn.

FLSFHYS

New

Post by FLSFHYS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:55 pm

Pure Applesauce wrote:OP are you seriously considering paying $300,000 for a slight increase in odds of LA big law?

According to the information I received from the partners involved in LA biglaw hiring, it is a 2x increase (top 15%->top 30%), which is in no way slight. And while I do realize that NU is an amazing school that nearly guarantees biglaw throughout most of the US, I am only concerned with LA biglaw. I literally do not care what outcomes I can get elsewhere. If this wouldn't be the case - I wouldn't even bother creating this thread and would just deposit at NU. My goal to get into LA biglaw is what complicates this decision for me, which is what most posters here seem to ignore. In any case, I contacted NU for alumni contacts, I'll post what they have to say.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

John US Marshall

New

Post by John US Marshall » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:06 pm

You should obviously go to Northwestern, I know some people who went to Columbia and they say that the dating and party life is lame. I met a girl at a campus visit to Columbia who tried to convince me that there was such a thing as double torts, if she gets in then I've lost all faith in the admissions process. Besides NU is right off the beach, I'll bet its a constant spring break!

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:07 pm

FLSFHYS wrote:

According to the information I received from the partners involved in LA biglaw hiring, it is a 2x increase (top 15%->top 30%), which is in no way slight. And while I do realize that NU is an amazing school that nearly guarantees biglaw throughout most of the US, I am only concerned with LA biglaw. I literally do not care what outcomes I can get elsewhere. If this wouldn't be the case - I wouldn't even bother creating this thread and would just deposit at NU. My goal to get into LA biglaw is what complicates this decision for me, which is what most posters here seem to ignore. In any case, I contacted NU for alumni contacts, I'll post what they have to say.
No one is ignoring it. We are all saying this is a ridiculous easy decision even if you want LA big law. Just go to Columbia at this point

Justtrying2help

Bronze

Post by Justtrying2help » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:13 pm

The fact is, Columbia technically doesn't guarantee you LA Biglaw either. You have two options on the table. One is ok and the other is amazing. A full scholarship to Northwestern is an optimal outcome. If you do median or better, you will likely find a market paying job in LA with little debt. You would also pay that debt off fairly quickly. I have worked jobs that paid 4K a month that funded my entire lifestyle with plenty to spare. You'd be crazy to voluntarily pay that amount of money per month in just loan repayments for a slightly better chance at your desired outcome. Do what you want in the end, but 300- 400k debt is soul crushing. What if you hate Biglaw? Too bad. What if you get an amazing in house opportunity that involves a paycut? Too bad. You're not setting yourself up for failure by choosing Columbia, it's just not your best option.

TLDR: Report back to us on which one you end up choosing. You'd honestly be crazy to take Columbia.
Last edited by Justtrying2help on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:15 pm

FLSFHYS wrote:

OP: you are basing that on a single (likely boomer) v70 partner. Do you make a $300,000 decision based on that? Many people in this thread have disputed what the partner told you.

Also if you are LA big law or bust, you shouldn't be going anywhere. Neither school makes it "likely" you will get LA big law. From either school, there is a significant chance you won't get LA big law. But one (Columbia) leaves you will life-crushing debt. And the other school does not.

So even assuming the partner is right, the better questions are:

1. Are you willing to pay $300,000 for a 30% chance of LA Big Law at all?

2. Is paying $300,000 for a 30% chance of LA big law preferable to a free ride (guessing $80--$100k in debt?) with a 15% chance?

But at this point OP, just go to Columbia. Enjoy paying back that $300,000 debt. YOLO and get dat preftige

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:28 pm

I changed my poll vote to Columbia. I think its the wrong choice.

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:32 pm

nu and/or retake

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:09 pm

FLSFHYS wrote: According to the information I received from the partners involved in LA biglaw hiring, it is a 2x increase (top 15%->top 30%), which is in no way slight. And while I do realize that NU is an amazing school that nearly guarantees biglaw throughout most of the US, I am only concerned with LA biglaw. I literally do not care what outcomes I can get elsewhere. If this wouldn't be the case - I wouldn't even bother creating this thread and would just deposit at NU. My goal to get into LA biglaw is what complicates this decision for me, which is what most posters here seem to ignore.
My advice in this thread was not ignoring your goal of LA biglaw.

By the way, LA is not a tiny niche market. It's not Austin. It's not Atlanta. It's not even SF/SV. It's a huge legal market, and it largely hires the way the other major legal markets (NYC/DC/Chi) hire.

Because LA is in California, and because there is some regional bias in hiring, SLS and Berkeley (and of course UCLA and USC) do a little better in LA than in other markets. But none of this has anything to do with CLS vs. NU. If you weren't limiting your goal to LA big law, everyone's advice here would be exactly the same.

Finally, one partner gave you the "top 33% versus top 10%-15%" estimate. One. I've shared this story elsewhere, but I know two partners--at two different SF law firms--who sincerely prefer to hire Hastings grads over Yale grads. They see YLS grads as solipsistic and ill-suited to the law-firm environment. Now, if I decided--based on those two anecdotes--to choose Hastings over YLS, wouldn't you tell me to get a variety of opinions before making a foolish choice? Please do the same. (It sounds like you are soliciting the opinions of others, but you seem to continue to put disproportionate weight on the representations of a single partner at a single firm about his firm's grade thresholds.)

FLSFHYS

New

Post by FLSFHYS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Justtrying2help wrote:The fact is, Columbia technically doesn't guarantee you LA Biglaw either. You have two options on the table. One is ok and the other is amazing. A full scholarship to Northwestern is an optimal outcome. If you do median or better, you will likely find a market paying job in LA with little debt. You would also pay that debt off fairly quickly. I have worked jobs that paid 4K a month that funded my entire lifestyle with plenty to spare. You'd be crazy to voluntarily pay that amount of money per month in just loan repayments for a slightly better chance at your desired outcome. Do what you want in the end, but 300- 400k debt is soul crushing. What if you hate Biglaw? Too bad. What if you get an amazing in house opportunity that involves a paycut? Too bad. You're not setting yourself up for failure by choosing Columbia, it's just not your best option.

TLDR: Report back to us on which one you end up choosing. You'd honestly be crazy to take Columbia.
Pure Applesauce wrote: OP: you are basing that on a single (likely boomer) v70 partner. Do you make a $300,000 decision based on that? Many people in this thread have disputed what the partner told you.
He's ~ in his 40s, so he should be in tune with the times.
Pure Applesauce wrote: Also if you are LA big law or bust, you shouldn't be going anywhere. Neither school makes it "likely" you will get LA big law. From either school, there is a significant chance you won't get LA big law. But one (Columbia) leaves you will life-crushing debt. And the other school does not.

So even assuming the partner is right, the better questions are:

1. Are you willing to pay $300,000 for a 30% chance of LA Big Law at all?

2. Is paying $300,000 for a 30% chance of LA big law preferable to a free ride (guessing $80--$100k in debt?) with a 15% chance?
That why I'm also seriously considering the 3rd option in this poll: ride out the H waitlist, and if no luck - recycle and apply in September as opposed to January. I'm already retaking in June to try and boost my chances with that option anyway.

That's the crazy thing for me, as arrogant as I sound even to myself, I don't love my options. I know that many would kill to be in my shoes, but it doesn't seem as favorable to me if I am to achieve the goals I set for myself. I have a specific career goal limited to a relatively insular area, and I won't be happy if I won't achieve it. As much as I'd hate losing a year, if only HYS and, to a lesser degree, B give me a more-or-less guarantee of the kind of employment that I'm targeting, then it kind of makes sense to me to sit this cycle out and try again in September. This is the feeling in my gut that I'm trying to suppress and choose one of the two "birds in the hand," as my better judgment is telling me it is crazy to walk away from these offers and postpone my career for another year.

Regardless, I want to thank everybody for the input that you're giving. I apologize if I seem stubborn or unappreciative, but the points that I'm voicing against NU's freeride are the same ones I'm using in my internal debate, and your responses are helping to shut them down :)

P.S. I'm also not a 100% sure that the advice from that partner is accurate, that is why I'm doing my due diligence and contacting NU alumni. It is, however, hard to ignore information from a verifiably legitimate source like that. Despite employment statistics showing employment by state and employment by type, I have never seen any state-specific quality of employment figures, which, I imagine, could vary very considerably. And it is the lack of this information that is at the source of my indecision.
Last edited by FLSFHYS on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

merde_happens

New

Post by merde_happens » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:40 pm

OP, for the love of god do not take on $300k of debt because of some anecdote from some random V70 partner and "V150" (what is a V150?) mid-law partner. These anecdotes are in no way, shape or form evidence of the hiring benchmarks for LA firms across the board. I don't for a minute believe that it's twice as likely you would get LA big law from Columbia than NU.

Further, if these were the benchmarks: in both cases you would have to be an above-median student to get LA big law. That would mean that in either case it would be more likely than not that you wouldn't get LA big law. Wouldn't you rather be in that position debt-free than in that position and staring at $300k of debt?

Do you even really understand what a $300k debt load means?

This thread is making me crazy.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:41 pm

If you aren't happy with your options, don't go. That's reasonable

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:42 pm

merde_happens wrote: This thread is making me crazy.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:44 pm

You really just want to go to Columbia so go already. We wont be the ones owing your debt and having to repay it month after month. That will all be on you.

For what it's worth a very quick estimate shows the 10 year plan at $3024 and 25 year at $1892 a month.
Good luck! Follow your dreams!
Last edited by Npret on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:46 pm

OK, my final advice: If you are LA big law or bust, then go somewhere that limits your debt. LA big law is not guaranteed no matter where you go.

Do not pay $300,000 if you are willing to work only in LA. Hell, don't pay $300,000 even if you are open to working anywhere. Limit your debt. You will thank yourself later.

Or YOLO

I tried
Last edited by Pure Applesauce on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FLSFHYS

New

Post by FLSFHYS » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Npret wrote:You really just want to go to Columbia so go already. We wont be the ones owing your debt and having to repay it month after month. That will all be on you. Good luck! Follow your dreams!
As I posted above, I don't love either option. If I would, this thread wouldn't exist.

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:52 pm

FLSFHYS wrote:
Npret wrote:You really just want to go to Columbia so go already. We wont be the ones owing your debt and having to repay it month after month. That will all be on you. Good luck! Follow your dreams!
As I posted above, I don't love either option. If I would, this thread wouldn't exist.
If you are too clueless to go to a top law school for free because of some email, then I completely agree that you shouldn't go. Northwestern is one of the best law schools in the country- this isn't some free ride in the middle of nowhere country hoping to get back to California.

I said I would be nicer in my posts, but OP you aren't t going to get a much better offer than the one that's been handed to you on a silver platter. Turn it down if you want but you are being ridiculous.

dg1090

New

Post by dg1090 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:01 pm

OP - all due respect intended here. I feel the pull of prestige as a fellow 0L, and the marginal peace of mind that one might get attending a school like Columbia.

That said, do you understand what 300k means? Do you know what it's like to be in debt even 50k or 100k or 200k? Do you know what it's like to put aside half your paycheck every month for many years just to service debt? do you know what it's like not to be able to afford a mortgage, or a new car, or emergency medical expenses for your family because you made a maybe regrettable decision a decade past?

These are the questions you have to consider, LA will always be there, waiting for you. Go to NU, do well, and worst case scenario you work in New York for a year or two and make the right moves to transfer to socal. It's a FREE legal education at a top institution. It opens the door wide open for you, and then every post-tax penny goes in your pocket, to start a family, to go on vacations, to take interesting jobs that don't pay very well, etc.

Just think long term and try to be flexible. Dont look back 10-15 years down the road and regret it. Wish you all the best dude.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”