BU v GW v BC Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
crgm93

New

BU v GW v BC

Post by crgm93 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi!

I got into BU and GW and I'm having trouble deciding which to attend. My COA is the same for both. I spent 4 years ib Boston for undergrad and would like to go to DC for law school. I worked in Boston so I have those connections but I have family friends in DC. Both schools have changed rankings and while BU is on top this year I know that might change in the future. I am interested in doing employment or immigration law but that isn't set on stone. Anyone mind sharing their experiences? I got waitlisted at Georgetown and Northwestern so if I get into either if them that's the one I'll attend. I just want to know which school to put my deposit into since the deadline is coming up, just in case both reject me.

Thanks!

cavalier1138

Re: BU v GW v BC

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:02 pm

What is your estimated COA, and where do you want to work (not go to school-- work)? GPA/LSAT?

Are you committed to a PI track, regardless of whether you stay focused on immigration/employment law?

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Re: BU v GW v BC

Post by Dr. Nefario » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:44 pm

When you say employment/immigration, do you have a reference point for that? Biglaw employer side/corporate immigration work or employee side/PI immigration work? This in addition to the estimated COA/scholarships and where you want to work will be important.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”