Struggling to find a good option Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
snowball17

New

Re: Struggling to find a good option

Post by snowball17 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Sounds like you're getting low-balled by WUSTL and UCLA, especially with such a strong LSAT. But schools seem to be weighing GPA more heavily this cycle. The future seems pretty gloomy for splitters :?

BasilHallward

Silver

Post by BasilHallward » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:39 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
BasilHallward wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:I do think I'm under-performing my numbers slightly with some schools. Based on MyLSN, similar number combinations seem to have gotten more money than I have at at least Brooklyn Law and WUSTL. Hopefully that puts me in a decent spot for negotiations

Retake. This cycle was borderline shocking for you. You should be getting a lot more scholarship $$$
I don't know how much value retaking a 173 would create? It seems my GPA is holding me back more than anything.
I meant retake the application process. I thought it was implied from my statement that "this cycle was borderline shocking." But I see how it wasn't entirely clear.

PDX4343

Silver

Post by PDX4343 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:51 pm

BasilHallward wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
BasilHallward wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:I do think I'm under-performing my numbers slightly with some schools. Based on MyLSN, similar number combinations seem to have gotten more money than I have at at least Brooklyn Law and WUSTL. Hopefully that puts me in a decent spot for negotiations

Retake. This cycle was borderline shocking for you. You should be getting a lot more scholarship $$$
I don't know how much value retaking a 173 would create? It seems my GPA is holding me back more than anything.
I meant retake the application process. I thought it was implied from my statement that "this cycle was borderline shocking." But I see how it wasn't entirely clear.
Oh got it, makes sense. I guess I'm spending too much time on TLS since I now automatically associate 'retake' with the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”