QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:25 pm

It's like sitting through all three Lord of the Rings movies only to watch Frodo keep the ring in the end and all of Middle Earth is engulfed in flames.

good luck ferris! hope you made the right choice for yourself.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:31 pm

At a full-ride, this is a pretty minimal risk financially. Still don't think it's a great idea, especially given it's in CT. If it were in Mississippi, those salary numbers would be less deadly, but living on sub-$40K in Connecticut is a not a good outcome.

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:At a full-ride, this is a pretty minimal risk financially. Still don't think it's a great idea, especially given it's in CT. If it were in Mississippi, those salary numbers would be less deadly, but living on sub-$40K in Connecticut is a not a good outcome.
Ferris has made his decision. May the Fates smile on him. We must leave him to his fate.

ScratchableItch

Bronze

Post by ScratchableItch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:17 pm

UVA2B wrote:
ScratchableItch wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:I think I'm about to pick QU. I know many people will disagree with this decision and it was really, really, really tough but at the end of the day location and lower debt simply matters more to me than the employment stats. These aren't things I feel that can be measured by a stat on a public forum. The piece of advice that ultimately pushed my decision over the edge was when Big Zuck told me "to be the best version of yourself" and I like the person I've become in UG and don't want to change back into what I used to be. At the end of the day I needed more than the employment stats to not pick QU because I applied knowing it wasn't as good a school and was aware the stats were bad and applied to see if I could get a full ride or close to it with no stips which I secured.Please keep the bashing to a minimum.
If you have to work so hard to convince yourself to go there, then why are you going there? Why are you settling for something less than what makes you excited or happy? That by itself should be a sign that maybe this isn't the right choice for you. No one is forcing you to go there or go to law school this year, so why not give yourself time to get somewhere that you're actually excited to be?
Respectfully, you think this thread reached 36 pages without this type of reasoning coming up? You're not going to convince ferrisjso of anything, we just need to accept his logic and hope he isn't making the worst decision of his life. For the sake of basic humanity, I really just want him to find happiness in this life and figure out where he is going in life. He's off to a rough start, but hopefully he'll keep learning, start listening when people give him wise advice, and figures out what it takes to succeed in this world. Despite my admittedly harsh sarcasm when it was clear he is currently incapable of listening to people who point out things he doesn't want to acknowledge, I want him to be successful personally, even if he won't likely be professionally.
I've been following this thread for awhile now, so I definitely have seen that every possible argument that could be made was made. I couldn't help but put in one last word, even knowing it likely wouldn't be of any use. And again, like I added in my last message, I do wish him luck and hope he realizes people were sincere in trying to help.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:20 pm

ScratchableItch wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
ScratchableItch wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:I think I'm about to pick QU. I know many people will disagree with this decision and it was really, really, really tough but at the end of the day location and lower debt simply matters more to me than the employment stats. These aren't things I feel that can be measured by a stat on a public forum. The piece of advice that ultimately pushed my decision over the edge was when Big Zuck told me "to be the best version of yourself" and I like the person I've become in UG and don't want to change back into what I used to be. At the end of the day I needed more than the employment stats to not pick QU because I applied knowing it wasn't as good a school and was aware the stats were bad and applied to see if I could get a full ride or close to it with no stips which I secured.Please keep the bashing to a minimum.
If you have to work so hard to convince yourself to go there, then why are you going there? Why are you settling for something less than what makes you excited or happy? That by itself should be a sign that maybe this isn't the right choice for you. No one is forcing you to go there or go to law school this year, so why not give yourself time to get somewhere that you're actually excited to be?
Respectfully, you think this thread reached 36 pages without this type of reasoning coming up? You're not going to convince ferrisjso of anything, we just need to accept his logic and hope he isn't making the worst decision of his life. For the sake of basic humanity, I really just want him to find happiness in this life and figure out where he is going in life. He's off to a rough start, but hopefully he'll keep learning, start listening when people give him wise advice, and figures out what it takes to succeed in this world. Despite my admittedly harsh sarcasm when it was clear he is currently incapable of listening to people who point out things he doesn't want to acknowledge, I want him to be successful personally, even if he won't likely be professionally.
I've been following this thread for awhile now, so I definitely have seen that every possible argument that could be made was made. I couldn't help but put in one last word, even knowing it likely wouldn't be of any use. And again, like I added in my last message, I do wish him luck and hope he realizes people were sincere in trying to help.
Completely fair, and I apologize for using your optimism to reach him to just say that I wish him well, even though I think he's making a mistake. It was much less about trying to argue with you about trying to reason with ferrisjso.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:07 pm

Good luck dude. Work hard for good grades, but even more, I'd suggest you work on getting to know as many people as possible - intern or extern so you can get to know people in the legal community, join the local bar association and go to meetings/CLEs, see if you can join an Inn of Court.

Also good luck with the driving - like I said I didn't learn till I was 19 and if I learned then, anyone can.

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:30 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Good luck dude. Work hard for good grades, but even more, I'd suggest you work on getting to know as many people as possible - intern or extern so you can get to know people in the legal community, join the local bar association and go to meetings/CLEs, see if you can join an Inn of Court.

Also good luck with the driving - like I said I didn't learn till I was 19 and if I learned then, anyone can.
Inn of Court? Are you trolling?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:40 am

I thank everyone for their kind words! Even Cavalier and Grades:) If I get WL money somehow I will revive the thread if not, bye bye.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:50 am

There's something kind of...beautiful? I don't know what to call it but there's something kind of amazing about me of all people being the tipping point toward this decision.

But I was 100% serious about being the best version of yourself you can be so if this is literally the best decision you could have made then go for it. It's your life and you only live it once so you've gotta do what you've gotta do. You seem like a good guy and I hope this all works out for you, I sincerely do.

Good luck duder.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:58 am

Pragmatic Gun wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Good luck dude. Work hard for good grades, but even more, I'd suggest you work on getting to know as many people as possible - intern or extern so you can get to know people in the legal community, join the local bar association and go to meetings/CLEs, see if you can join an Inn of Court.

:?:

Stylnator

Silver

Post by Stylnator » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:14 am

HuntedUnicorn wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
Good luck. (To be clear, I mean this sincerely)

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:19 am

Pragmatic Gun wrote:

No. Why?

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:19 am

Echoing this. Please also do yourself a favor and learn about PAYE/REPAYE payment plans when repayment time comes as it's likely you can get very low government subsidized monthly loan payments.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:57 pm

You've made a absolutely terrible decision, but I hope you can somehow find legal employment after you graduate. Good luck.

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:14 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:

No. Why?
I thought that was a British thing.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Pragmatic Gun wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:

No. Why?
Nope.

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:09 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:

No. Why?
Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Inns_of_Court. The more you know

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:09 pm

I can give you tips on how to crush 1L

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L
I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.

butterfly333

New

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Post by butterfly333 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:02 pm

mjb447 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Ferris, not sure if you've answered this before: are you okay with never practicing law? Like, you think you'll enjoy law school, you want out of your current environment that much, you don't think a $500/mo student loan payment is particularly burdensome, and you think you'll get some serious amount of satisfaction from having a JD next to your name even if you never use it?

and I'm not saying you'll never practice. I'm just saying, if the odds are about 50/50, are you okay with the other side?
Yes, he's okay with not practicing law. As long as he doesn't have to learn how to drive/escape from 4 Privet Drive and having to live with the aweful Dursley's, life will be fine and dandy!
Worked out for Harry
In an alternate universe, Harry's time at Hogwarts ended a year in after he was placed in a stacked section and lost his scholarship. He spent most of his productive years waiting tables at The Three Broomsticks and making ruinous payments to Gringotts.
So Ravenclaw? lololol

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L
I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.
Make sure you guys keep this to PM because if Nebby's WHITE HOT TAKES on straight up CRUSHIN' 1L ever reach the general public they might have to totally revamp law school as we know it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:17 pm

butterfly333 wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Ferris, not sure if you've answered this before: are you okay with never practicing law? Like, you think you'll enjoy law school, you want out of your current environment that much, you don't think a $500/mo student loan payment is particularly burdensome, and you think you'll get some serious amount of satisfaction from having a JD next to your name even if you never use it?

and I'm not saying you'll never practice. I'm just saying, if the odds are about 50/50, are you okay with the other side?
Yes, he's okay with not practicing law. As long as he doesn't have to learn how to drive/escape from 4 Privet Drive and having to live with the aweful Dursley's, life will be fine and dandy!
Worked out for Harry
In an alternate universe, Harry's time at Hogwarts ended a year in after he was placed in a stacked section and lost his scholarship. He spent most of his productive years waiting tables at The Three Broomsticks and making ruinous payments to Gringotts.
So Ravenclaw? lololol
Quinnipiac as the Hufflepuff of the East seems legit.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:23 pm

AJordan wrote:
butterfly333 wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

Worked out for Harry
So Ravenclaw? lololol
Quinnipiac as the Hufflepuff of the East seems legit.
I'm a 3rd year in Hufflepuff and I find that extremely insulting.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Harry had a trust fund.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:44 pm

star fox wrote:Harry had a trust fund.
But don't forget that Hogwarts had full need-based scholarships for poorer students. Students like Tom Riddle.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”