QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Ferrisjso

Gold

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Post by Ferrisjso » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:09 pm

grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
uion1715 wrote:So you have gone from Cardozo/UConn -> UConn -> Widener -> UConn -> Quinnipiac. Holy moly.

EDIT: One more thing I am curious about since I'm not familiar with the area. Can you not drive in Quinnipiac and access internships/externships located in Hartford, etc.?
Well I know I could have gotten housing within walking range of the law school. There also is the chance I learn how to drive within the next several years. This was one of the advantages to UCONN, I think getting around without a car there is more feasible. I know many have expressed skepticism about this but the only way I can figure out is going there myself and making that assessment(after all the people who think UCONN without a car is impossible haven't actually tried doing UCONN without a car).

Note to posters-Please don't trash my alma matter, I have a great deal of respect for QU's academic programs and regardless of what you might think I do think their law school is quite underrated. Again I will probably not attend due to stips but I was absolutely blown away by their program. Most of the people trashing QU don't know the CT market and that the school actually does have a rather good reputation. Also I'm not taking a year off to work so please stop telling me to do that, that would be an utter disaster for me right now can you please focus on the three schools in question.
Truthfully based on the shit you have spewed the last 3 or so months on this board and now where we are at, I would ask you to leave this community please. If I was a mod, I would permaban you for being so dense.
This is completely uncalled for. I've done nothing to provoke you(unless if you consider me answering other people's questions, rather then snarkily telling them to retake "shit"). If you don't want to help, please leave!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:11 pm

Ferrisjso wrote: Note to posters-Please don't trash my alma matter, I have a great deal of respect for QU's academic programs and regardless of what you might think I do think their law school is quite underrated. Again I will probably not attend due to stips but I was absolutely blown away by their program. Most of the people trashing QU don't know the CT market and that the school actually does have a rather good reputation. Also I'm not taking a year off to work so please stop telling me to do that, that would be an utter disaster for me right now can you please focus on the three schools in question.
This. Is. Nonsense.

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
uion1715 wrote:So you have gone from Cardozo/UConn -> UConn -> Widener -> UConn -> Quinnipiac. Holy moly.

EDIT: One more thing I am curious about since I'm not familiar with the area. Can you not drive in Quinnipiac and access internships/externships located in Hartford, etc.?
Well I know I could have gotten housing within walking range of the law school. There also is the chance I learn how to drive within the next several years. This was one of the advantages to UCONN, I think getting around without a car there is more feasible. I know many have expressed skepticism about this but the only way I can figure out is going there myself and making that assessment(after all the people who think UCONN without a car is impossible haven't actually tried doing UCONN without a car).

Note to posters-Please don't trash my alma matter, I have a great deal of respect for QU's academic programs and regardless of what you might think I do think their law school is quite underrated. Again I will probably not attend due to stips but I was absolutely blown away by their program. Most of the people trashing QU don't know the CT market and that the school actually does have a rather good reputation. Also I'm not taking a year off to work so please stop telling me to do that, that would be an utter disaster for me right now can you please focus on the three schools in question.
It is a though you're performing a caricature of naive law school admissions.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:27 pm

grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:

Truthfully based on the shit you have spewed the last 3 or so months on this board and now where we are at, I would ask you to leave this community please. If I was a mod, I would permaban you for being so dense.
I think this idea has been floated, but if not, I think a motion is in order:

I hereby propose mods give ferrisjso his own on-topic cage thread. He would be entirely confined to that thread. This very thread could be made into it so new posters can understand why he is locked in said cage thread. That way, if posters want his perspective on choosing law schools, the relative plusses and minuses of driving in CT, and the rosy employment outlook for dumpster fires, they have a one stop shop for their every need. Economic efficiency for all.

Do we have a second motion?

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:40 pm

UVA2B wrote:
grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:

I hereby propose mods give ferrisjso his own on-topic cage thread. He would be entirely confined to that thread. This very thread could be made into it so new posters can understand why he is locked in said cage thread. That way, if posters want his perspective on choosing law schools, the relative plusses and minuses of driving in CT, and the rosy employment outlook for dumpster fires, they have a one stop shop for their every need. Economic efficiency for all.

Seconded

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 pm

grades?? wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:

Seconded
Again, this is my advice thread no one's forcing you to post please leave!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:23 pm

This thread keeps delivering.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:45 pm

There is a motion on the floor...

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:47 pm

p7
mjb447 wrote:This thread continues to deliver.
p10
bwaldorf wrote:Oh man does this thread deliver or what.
p14
Shakawkaw wrote:This thread keeps delivering.
Hats off to Ferris for writing a thread that consistently delivers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Darascal would be so proud of ferrisjso's accomplishments here. Carrying the torch for flames everywhere with nobility, dignity, and utter idiocy.

Now, what do TLS bylaws require once we have a motion and a second? I believe we're nearing a quorum in this thread to hold a vote that can get out of committee.

beforethelaw

New

Post by beforethelaw » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:50 am

It seems to me like Ferris is dealing with some anxiety problems and thinks that going to law school will provide him the security he needs, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Ferris, you have to learn to accept facts for what they are instead of replacing them with what you wish were true. You do this not only with your insistence on going to law school, clinging to the hope that Quinnipiac will work out, but also with the way you deal with criticism and argument on this site. Your reasoning pretty consistently runs like this: you assume that because people on tls are elitist, that they then must be incapable of giving good advice. Your answer to this perceived problem is to just like do the exact opposite of what everyone is telling you. So your preference for fantasy over reality in your arguments on this site is what you use to justify this exact same preference with respect to attending law school in the fall.

If you're K-JD (hell, even if you aren't), go and live a little bit before you go down this path. Find an internship, become a sommelier, do union organizing, smoke pounds of marijuana, teach English in a foreign country, work at a starbucks... do anything else and figure out who you are as an adult. Like, you have to realize that once you pull the trigger on law school, you are stuck until you pay off the debt. If you go anywhere other than Cardozo, you will in all likelihood be on this path for 20+ years. Even if you go to Cardozo... this is still very possible. You don't get a do-over on life, man. Take time off, stop thinking about law school for several months or at least until you secure a different route for the next year or two, then reconsider if going to law school is the right move, then, if so, study up for the lsat and retake.

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:22 am

FerrisJSO, I know that you have my opinion already. I just want to say that I think other people here should cool it on the criticism. You shouldn't be banned for having an opinion.

However, I do think you have to deal with whatever personal issues that you have. I think it is obvious that there is some anxiety brewing, and it is pretty clear that you are going to law school in a way to escape your current life. I think that is the wrong way to go into it and it is hurting your decision making process. In a way, you are comparing your current situation to the outcomes we are describing to you and rationalizing bad outcomes by thinking they can't be worse than your current situation. You have been really all over the map with where you want to live and what you want to do, which shows me that you don't really know. You are willing to chance the low employment numbers from these schools just to get away.

Stylnator

Silver

Post by Stylnator » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:38 am

Listen, I was super impressed by QU this weekend as well. They pulled out all the stops for us BUT that was all to dupe us into thinking they were the best law school. Notice how they didnt once mention anything about employment? Most of the kids I talked to even told me that they're not considering practicing once they graduate b/c they didn't think they had a shot at an OCI and w/o that a job wouldn't come. The really successful alumni that were there both ranked #1 and #2 in their class.

Also, super random but were you the 'guy from NY who started talking to the dean about strip clubs'? Sorry...it was just a rumor I heard and wanted to know if it was true haha

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dbalkaran

Silver

Post by dbalkaran » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:49 am

Stylnator wrote:Listen, I was super impressed by QU this weekend as well. They pulled out all the stops for us BUT that was all to dupe us into thinking they were the best law school. Notice how they didnt once mention anything about employment? Most of the kids I talked to even told me that they're not considering practicing once they graduate b/c they didn't think they had a shot at an OCI and w/o that a job wouldn't come. The really successful alumni that were there both ranked #1 and #2 in their class.

Also, super random but were you the 'guy from NY who started talking to the dean about strip clubs'? Sorry...it was just a rumor I heard and wanted to know if it was true haha

Lol this isn't real. It can't be.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 am

Stylnator wrote:Listen, I was super impressed by QU this weekend as well. They pulled out all the stops for us BUT that was all to dupe us into thinking they were the best law school. Notice how they didnt once mention anything about employment? Most of the kids I talked to even told me that they're not considering practicing once they graduate b/c they didn't think they had a shot at an OCI and w/o that a job wouldn't come. The really successful alumni that were there both ranked #1 and #2 in their class.

Now that we don't have the "Cornell or St. John's" thread, this is the next best thing.

Also, kudos to everyone thinking that the 50th time's the charm for getting Ferris to listen to any of this.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:03 pm

Nooo! That was a terrible misunderstanding! They were talking about cooking or something like that and I was like my dad works at a chef at one of NYC's "gentleman clubs"( which is not a strip club, its probably as far as you can get from something being a strip club) and they all started laughing and were like "doesnt that mean a strip club?" I was like no of course not but I guess they thought I was lying.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:Nooo! That was a terrible misunderstanding! They were talking about cooking or something like that and I was like my dad works at a chef at one of NYC's "gentleman clubs"( which is not a strip club, its probably as far as you can get from something being a strip club) and they all started laughing and were like "doesnt that mean a strip club?" I was like no of course not but I guess they thought I was lying.
Thank you for this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:

Nooo! That was a terrible misunderstanding! They were talking about cooking or something like that and I was like my dad works at a chef at one of NYC's "gentleman clubs"( which is not a strip club, its probably as far as you can get from something being a strip club) and they all started laughing and were like "doesnt that mean a strip club?" I was like no of course not but I guess they thought I was lying.
Like one of the Ivy League clubs or something?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:07 pm

You were the girl who asked about JD advantage
who made the admissions lady get all defensive werent you? Odviously they overstated how good the employment oppurtunities are but theyre also not as bad as some on here make them out to be.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:10 pm

mjb447 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... ted_States

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Ferrisjso wrote: Odviously they overstated how good the employment oppurtunities are but theyre also not as bad as some on here make them out to be.
Do you think LST is lying?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Unsubscribe.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:13 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote: Odviously they overstated how good the employment oppurtunities are but theyre also not as bad as some on here make them out to be.
Do you think LST is lying?
sure only half the class gets JD required jobs, but you're making it sound like it's 25%!

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... ted_States
Right - that's unfortunate.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:33 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:

just, in the future, "gentlemen's club" has been appropriated and it now means strip club. say it by name (only suggest this because I know people who work at a nice one and they just refer to it by name - people know what they are talking about) or call it a private club. Calling it a gentlemen's club means, yes, you are the person from new york who was talking to the dean about strip clubs, even if you didn't intend to.

also, this thread really is something...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”