QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:49 pm

This is easily the most interesting and emotionally involved thread I've seen on TLS. Good luck in school. You're going to need to make sure you are at the top of your class.
Last edited by Veil of Ignorance on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:55 pm

cannibal ox wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Considering Ferris was spotted at an ASW, there's a close to 0% chance he's a troll. Otherwise he's a master of performance art.
Good point, I forgot about that part.
omg the gentleman's club! I definitely forgot about that.
Where did this get posted/explained? I searched a bit but can't find it. I want the full ferris experience.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... p#p9884445
Outstanding.
That entire awkward exchange could've been avoided had he just said "my dad is a chef" haha

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:10 pm

Looking at those salary numbers...$36K/yr in CONNECTICUT? :shock:

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Im rooting for you Ferris. As long as that decision is dozo or not attend of course.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Lol for C/O 2016, Quinniniwhatever's employment percentage for JD-required full time/long term jobs is 34/76, or 44.7%. Of the 25 in law firms, 16 are in firms of 2-10 people, and 1 solo. 1 person in biglaw. With 0 federal clerks, that's 1.31% BL+FC.

Qinniwhatever is leaps and bounds worse of a law school than Cardozo.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Ferris, have you considered following in your father's footsteps and training in the culinary arts?

TooMuchTuna

Silver

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Post by TooMuchTuna » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:05 pm

guybourdin wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Considering Ferris was spotted at an ASW, there's a close to 0% chance he's a troll. Otherwise he's a master of performance art.
Good point, I forgot about that part.
omg the gentleman's club! I definitely forgot about that.
Where did this get posted/explained? I searched a bit but can't find it. I want the full ferris experience.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... p#p9884445
Good lord. I'm a begrudging member of one of those clubs, and I have never heard it referred to as a "gentleman's club." To be fair, some strip clubs in NYC have amazing buffets, so it'd actually be impressive if his father was a chef at one of those.

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:17 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Lol for C/O 2016, Quinniniwhatever's employment percentage for JD-required full time/long term jobs is 34/76, or 44.7%. Of the 25 in law firms, 16 are in firms of 2-10 people, and 1 solo. 1 person in biglaw. With 0 federal clerks, that's 1.31% BL+FC.

Qinniwhatever is leaps and bounds worse of a law school than Cardozo.
Actually when calculating employment score you leave out anyone who is solo (if you're keeping with LST in calculating statistics), so it's 33/76 = 43.4%

Crossing my fingers that this 1% difference will be the thing that makes ferris realize QU is turrible

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:37 pm

When I hear "gentlemans club" I automatically think of a strip club, or a gay club. Both of which are fine....and cater to gentlemen.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 pm

decision Ferris?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 pm

I think I'm about to pick QU. I know many people will disagree with this decision and it was really, really, really tough but at the end of the day location and lower debt simply matters more to me than the employment stats. These aren't things I feel that can be measured by a stat on a public forum. The piece of advice that ultimately pushed my decision over the edge was when Big Zuck told me "to be the best version of yourself" and I like the person I've become in UG and don't want to change back into what I used to be. At the end of the day I needed more than the employment stats to not pick QU because I applied knowing it wasn't as good a school and was aware the stats were bad and applied to see if I could get a full ride or close to it with no stips which I secured.Please keep the bashing to a minimum.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 pm

I think you just made a disastrous mistake that could ruin your life. :( But I hope everything works out for you. Best of luck with learning to drive this summer; I think you'll find it's easier to accomplish than you expected.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:I think I'm about to pick QU. I know many people will disagree with this decision and it was really, really, really tough but at the end of the day location and lower debt simply matters more to me than the employment stats. These aren't things I feel that can be measured by a stat on a public forum. The piece of advice that ultimately pushed my decision over the edge was when Big Zuck told me "to be the best version of yourself" and I like the person I've become in UG and don't want to change back into what I used to be. At the end of the day I needed more than the employment stats to not pick QU because I applied knowing it wasn't as good a school and was aware the stats were bad and applied to see if I could get a full ride or close to it with no stips which I secured.Please keep the bashing to a minimum.
Good luck. (To be clear, I mean this sincerely)
Last edited by UVA2B on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Canadianhopeful

New

Post by Canadianhopeful » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:I think I'm about to pick QU. I know many people will disagree with this decision and it was really, really, really tough but at the end of the day location and lower debt simply matters more to me than the employment stats. These aren't things I feel that can be measured by a stat on a public forum. The piece of advice that ultimately pushed my decision over the edge was when Big Zuck told me "to be the best version of yourself" and I like the person I've become in UG and don't want to change back into what I used to be. At the end of the day I needed more than the employment stats to not pick QU because I applied knowing it wasn't as good a school and was aware the stats were bad and applied to see if I could get a full ride or close to it with no stips which I secured.Please keep the bashing to a minimum.
Honestly, Ferris, as misguided and naive as you may be, you do seem like a good guy overall. That's probably part of the reason people spent so much time trying to persuade you to make the best decision possible. I certainly, from having read this thread and seen the employment stats, think this is a bad (if not a very bad) decision, but I hope that people here can come to a point where they wish you the best, regardless of what you do and whether or not they agree with your decision. As much as employment stats and ranking, and all the other stuff do matter, I feel there are some people on this forum who just hide behind this stuff in order so that they can be rude, aggressive, and condescending to people. Of course you need to hear the advice, I think you have, and you've made a choice based on that advice. Hopefully people can wish you well.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:I think you just made a disastrous mistake that could ruin your life. :( But I hope everything works out for you. Best of luck with learning to drive this summer; I think you'll find it's easier to accomplish than you expected.
I hope you're right about the driving:) The fact the debt is so low was a huge factor in this decision and I see it as pretty low risk relatively. Also Richmond is still on the table if they give me $ of PWL.

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Just please come back after graduation and write a post telling all the new 0Ls what a horrible, life ruining decision you made. At least that good could potentially come from your awful decision.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Canadianhopeful wrote:
Honestly, Ferris, as misguided and naive as you may be, you do seem like a good guy overall. That's probably part of the reason people spent so much time trying to persuade you to make the best decision possible. I certainly, from having read this thread and seen the employment stats, think this is a bad (if not a very bad) decision, but I hope that people here can come to a point where they wish you the best, regardless of what you do and whether or not they agree with your decision. As much as employment stats and ranking, and all the other stuff do matter, I feel there are some people on this forum who just hide behind this stuff in order so that they can be rude, aggressive, and condescending to people. Of course you need to hear the advice, I think you have, and you've made a choice based on that advice. Hopefully people can wish you well.
I really appreciate it thank you!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 pm

UVA2B wrote:
Good luck. (To be clear, I mean this sincerely)

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:I think you just made a disastrous mistake that could ruin your life. :( But I hope everything works out for you. Best of luck with learning to drive this summer; I think you'll find it's easier to accomplish than you expected.
I hope you're right about the driving:) The fact the debt is so low was a huge factor in this decision and I see it as pretty low risk relatively. Also Richmond is still on the table if they give me $ of PWL.
I'm a terrible driver, so if I can get licensed just about anyone can. Just don't stress it, practice, and you'll be fine. It took me a while to get comfortable driving on highways/freeways but even being able to drive on regular streets to get around is going to change your life for the better.

I'm gonna hope that you get into Richmond. The city itself is pretty cool and the school has a good rep within the city itself. Just be wary of going there if you have to take on a lot of debt.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
I'm a terrible driver, so if I can get licensed just about anyone can. Just don't stress it, practice, and you'll be fine. It took me a while to get comfortable driving on highways/freeways but even being able to drive on regular streets to get around is going to change your life for the better.

I'm gonna hope that you get into Richmond. The city itself is pretty cool and the school has a good rep within the city itself. Just be wary of going there if you have to take on a lot of debt.
If they don't give me money I won't go. I'm also on the WL at W+L but I'm much more hopeful Richmond will give me money where with W+L if I go i'm taking 200k on the chin no matter what.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Well, this has been fun.

Best advice I can muster: work on your listening skills. They're going to come in handy in law school and in life. And don't say that literally dozens of people didn't warn you.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ScratchableItch

Bronze

Post by ScratchableItch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:52 pm

If you have to work so hard to convince yourself to go there, then why are you going there? Why are you settling for something less than what makes you excited or happy? That by itself should be a sign that maybe this isn't the right choice for you. No one is forcing you to go there or go to law school this year, so why not give yourself time to get somewhere that you're actually excited to be?

But I know I'm coming in here late. If this is your choice, then good luck. No one here is wishing you failure but were trying to help, and I hope someday you'll at least recognize that.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:59 pm

ScratchableItch wrote:
If you have to work so hard to convince yourself to go there, then why are you going there? Why are you settling for something less than what makes you excited or happy? That by itself should be a sign that maybe this isn't the right choice for you. No one is forcing you to go there or go to law school this year, so why not give yourself time to get somewhere that you're actually excited to be?
Respectfully, you think this thread reached 36 pages without this type of reasoning coming up? You're not going to convince ferrisjso of anything, we just need to accept his logic and hope he isn't making the worst decision of his life. For the sake of basic humanity, I really just want him to find happiness in this life and figure out where he is going in life. He's off to a rough start, but hopefully he'll keep learning, start listening when people give him wise advice, and figures out what it takes to succeed in this world. Despite my admittedly harsh sarcasm when it was clear he is currently incapable of listening to people who point out things he doesn't want to acknowledge, I want him to be successful personally, even if he won't likely be professionally.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Bummed. Good luck.

Pomeranian

Bronze

Post by Pomeranian » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:20 pm

Why is this thread still active? :shock:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.