Which one :) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

For fun

Wake forest- 1k per year (20k is scholarship with top 2/3 requirement or I lose half).
13%
W&L-Free
83%
Alabama-5k per year (12k is scholarship don't remember requirements)
5%

Total votes: 40

LSATfromNC

Silver

Which one :)

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:59 pm

These are currently my top options and I haven't heard from many yet, so this is just for fun. I've gotten into a couple of higher ranked schools but these are currently my top options. Hoping to stay in east/south east area and become an ada or public defender. Right now I'm probably leaning towards Wake.

Also, I have GI Bill so that explains some of the funky math. Cost are my total to attend including housing and books.

Grizz

Diamond

Re: Which one :)

Post by Grizz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Any state you particularly want to stay in after graduation?

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:49 pm

rad law wrote:Any state you particularly want to stay in after graduation?
NC is at the top of the list, but I'm open to anywhere between NY and FL.

treeey86

Bronze

Post by treeey86 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:49 pm

top 2/3rds can be harder than you think. I would take W&L. W&L is traditionally a 20-30 school, and it appears that whatever sources of funding you have do not require you to have any grade stipulations, which is awesome. W&L is a top quality program, though the big hurdle is if you can tolerate little ol' Lexington for 3 years.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:04 pm

If you're pretty sure you want to end up in NC, go with Wake. If you want to stay on the East Coast, with your NC interest, I would go in the order of Wake>W&L>Alabama.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SoxyPirate

Bronze

Post by SoxyPirate » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:42 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:These are currently my top options and I haven't heard from many yet, so this is just for fun. I've gotten into a couple of higher ranked schools but these are currently my top options. Hoping to stay in east/south east area and become an ada or public defender. Right now I'm probably leaning towards Wake.

Also, I have GI Bill so that explains some of the funky math. Cost are my total to attend including housing and books.
Are these your top options? ;)

Congratulations, BTW. I picked W&L just because they'll get you into a lot of doors in NC, and with your choice to be a poor ada or public defender you might as well have as little debt as possible.

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm going to visit W&L and Wake in the next few weeks so my decision will probably come down to that as they are currently my top choices :) I may even visit UA since they offered to pay for air and hotel.

2/3 definitely isn't easy and that is a leg up for W&L, but my wife is a NC state employee so that's a leg down for them. We'll see I guess. Thanks for the opinions and yes, I am extremely grateful for my options.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”