Practicing in the Philly area Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
manbearwig

Bronze

Practicing in the Philly area

Post by manbearwig » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:53 am

I want to stay in the Philly area after I graduate. If I can't get into UPenn, should I just stick with Temple? Or is it better to go to a T30 outside the area? Right now I'm probably looking at W&M, BU, BC, and GW.

arundodonax

New

Re: Practicing in the Philly area

Post by arundodonax » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Take a look at some of the attorney profiles from biglaw offices in Philly. Most either graduated from Penn, another T14, or top of their class at Temple/Villanova/Rutgers-Camden.

ughOSU

Bronze

Post by ughOSU » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Philly is pretty insular. If you know you want to stay there you may want to look into Temple/Nova/etc. Anecdotal, but my sister targeted Philly when doing OCI a couple years ago and got shut out (she attended UVA).

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 pm

arundodonax wrote:Take a look at some of the attorney profiles from biglaw offices in Philly. Most either graduated from Penn, another T14, or top of their class at Temple/Villanova/Rutgers-Camden.
Yea, I'd say those three would be the way to go.

PoliticalJunkie

Bronze

Post by PoliticalJunkie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Choices; Penn, Temple, Villanova, Rutgers, Drexel. In that order. PSU might also be a choice, but they ar likely to be last on the list. Temple has a great alumni network.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 pm

manbearwig wrote:I want to stay in the Philly area after I graduate. If I can't get into UPenn, should I just stick with Temple? Or is it better to go to a T30 outside the area? Right now I'm probably looking at W&M, BU, BC, and GW.
How much to you want to stay in Philly?
If you are flexible, go to GW (or BU)
If for some reason you absolutely 100% want to be in Philly, then go to Temple or Villanova.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”