where do you draw the line with this economy? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dresden doll

Platinum

Re: where do you draw the line with this economy?

Post by dresden doll » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 am

vanwinkle wrote:If you're going to law school for enormous financial gain, then sure, it's HYS or bust. But that's not the only thing that matters.
That's not quite what I was advocating, just FTR. I'm only a little unconvinced that anything outside of HYS is truly worth the sticker price in general. Having scholarships obviously changes the equation.

zanda

Silver

Re: where do you draw the line with this economy?

Post by zanda » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:01 am

dresden doll wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:If you're going to law school for enormous financial gain, then sure, it's HYS or bust. But that's not the only thing that matters.
That's not quite what I was advocating, just FTR. I'm only a little unconvinced that anything outside of HYS is truly worth the sticker price in general. Having scholarships obviously changes the equation.
Yes, people seem to be assuming that admission into CCN = significant scholly at another T14. For myself, for one, this was not the case, as I had a minimal CCN scholly and my best 7-14 scholly (this was at a 10-14 school) was only $20k more total (20k is obviously generally a significant amount of money, but given that it was a lower T-14 and the total price...) which was not such a big difference.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”