LSU placement in TX Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
FunkyJD

Silver

LSU placement in TX

Post by FunkyJD » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Anyone have any good stats/anecdotes as to how well/how often LSU places in Texas ... especially in Houston.

Others options would be stronger, granted ... UT, UH, even Tulane ... but despite that being the case, I'm wondering how LSU does in Houston.

I note that according to ABA data, 9 LSU grads recently took and passed the bar in TX, so that's a good sign as far as bar passage goes. But about employment options in TX for top LSU students?

kalvano

Diamond

Re: LSU placement in TX

Post by kalvano » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:01 am

This is personal opinion, but I would say it would be difficult.

You're already competing with UT (a national powerhouse), UofH (which owns the Houston market), SMU (which owns the Dallas market), and Baylor (a decent school despite it's flaws).

SMU and UofH dominate their respective markets, but also transfer a bit to each others cities, UT grads go wherever the hell they want, and Baylor picks up where everyone else leave off.

In short, you are talking several schools in the state that range anywhere from great to good that you have to compete with before LSU even enters the picture.

I don't think it would be impossible, but I would say it would be very, very difficult.

FunkyJD

Silver

Re: LSU placement in TX

Post by FunkyJD » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:04 am

kalvano wrote:This is personal opinion, but I would say it would be difficult.

You're already competing with UT (a national powerhouse), UofH (which owns the Houston market), SMU (which owns the Dallas market), and Baylor (a decent school despite it's flaws).

SMU and UofH dominate their respective markets, but also transfer a bit to each others cities, UT grads go wherever the hell they want, and Baylor picks up where everyone else leave off.

In short, you are talking several schools in the state that range anywhere from great to good that you have to compete with before LSU even enters the picture.

I don't think it would be impossible, but I would say it would be very, very difficult.
Yeah ... this is pretty much what I figured ... but wanted a second opinion. Thanks.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”