The rankings in 2025 or so... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
crackberry

Gold

Re: The rankings in 2025 or so...

Post by crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:14 am

bubba wrote:No one wants to take a stab at this? Here's mine:

1. Yale
2. Harvard
3. Columbia
4. Stanford
5. NYU
6. Chicago
7. Penn
8. Virginia
9. Berkeley
10. Duke
11. Michigan
12.Northwestern
13. Texas
14. Cornell
This is blatant Columbia trolling. I'm assuming its based solely on LSAT 25/75 numbers. The real odds of Columbia overtaking Stanford are < 1%.

egghead

New

Post by egghead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:57 am

ughOSU wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:Absolutely no one will be able to answer this with any authority.
I can.

The law school rankings will be irrelevant because the economy is going to go through a massive contraction primarily driven by the end of the cheap-oil era, and there will be more focus on independent subsistence farming and community economies rather than the bottom lines of multinational corporations like Wal-Mart. Prosperity will come to be seen as the abundance of food rather than the abundance of paper money. All cities, and especially the mega-cities will cease to exist as we know them, as they are unsustainable without cheap oil. No one will care how well you can draft a memo, but how well you can grow crops, build things, and attain clean drinking water. We are entering an era of less regulation, less centralized bureaucracy, and less lawyers bickering over building code violations. I'm glad I'm getting in on this law scam before it's too late.
When this scenario happens, there will be a TLS thread titled "What the US News rankings would be if US News still existed." Prestige whoring does not require cheap oil.

joshikousei

Bronze

Post by joshikousei » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:06 am

Last edited by joshikousei on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dick Whitman

Bronze

Post by Dick Whitman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:15 am

ughOSU wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:Absolutely no one will be able to answer this with any authority.
I can.

The law school rankings will be irrelevant because the economy is going to go through a massive contraction primarily driven by the end of the cheap-oil era, and there will be more focus on independent subsistence farming and community economies rather than the bottom lines of multinational corporations like Wal-Mart. Prosperity will come to be seen as the abundance of food rather than the abundance of paper money. All cities, and especially the mega-cities will cease to exist as we know them, as they are unsustainable without cheap oil. No one will care how well you can draft a memo, but how well you can grow crops, build things, and attain clean drinking water. We are entering an era of less regulation, less centralized bureaucracy, and less lawyers bickering over building code violations. I'm glad I'm getting in on this law scam before it's too late.
If by end, you mean the beginning of another long cycle of cheap oil, proceed.

I know very little about farming. But we will not be reduced to subsistenence farming.

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 am

T13 (old T14 - Berkeley)
UT
Vandy
USC
Loyola LA
T2
T3
T4
Berekely
UCLA
UCI

This will be due to the fact, based on current projections, that tuition to the UC's will be approx. $340K per year. Only 1 person will attend each, and that will be on the one full ride they can afford to give.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tinman

Bronze

Post by tinman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:33 am

ughOSU wrote:
nealric wrote:
I'm just trying to make enough money before everything goes to hell to build myself a bunker.
You should buy this instead of trying to build from scratch:
http://www.silohome.com/
that is awesome
wow, that is totally awesome. That's where my first few million is going.

postitnotes

Bronze

Post by postitnotes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 am

ruleser wrote:T13 (old T14 - Berkeley)
UT
Vandy
USC
Loyola LA
T2
T3
T4
Berekely
UCLA
UCI

This will be due to the fact, based on current projections, that tuition to the UC's will be approx. $340K per year. Only 1 person will attend each, and that will be on the one full ride they can afford to give.
hahaha, if only this were a joke...it's likely the in-state tuition will be over 70k within the next 5 years.

ughOSU

Bronze

Post by ughOSU » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 am

Dick Whitman wrote:I know very little about farming. But we will not be reduced to subsistenence farming.
look into the aquifer depletion rate in the great plains, and globally. The US is in the best shape, but the predictions still range from really really bad to doomsday scenarios. I also don't necessarily see it as being "reduced" to anything, but rather returning to the earth's natural carrying capacity.

I'm gonna choose now to stop defending my crackpot ideas about problems we will face in the near future. You may be right, we may enter another era of cheap oil, and continue to squander that resource at the expense of future generations. Part of me hopes that we do.

This is hilarious:
egghead wrote:When this scenario happens, there will be a TLS thread titled "What the US News rankings would be if US News still existed." Prestige whoring does not require cheap oil.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”