Pissed at Fordham Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
superflush

Silver

Re: Pissed at Fordham

Post by superflush » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:26 pm

sibley wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:What does IBOS mean? Google gave me nothing
yeah someone please explain... I came up with 'in before OS' but I still don't know what OS is.
wait, how did you come up with it if you don't know what it means. lol

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Idk where the OP is from, but my gf went to boarding school out in New Hampshire and a few of the NYU/Columbia rejects from there ended up at Fordham(some for undergrad, some for law).. all are always bitching, but I get the feeling it is out of bitterness rather than anything wrong with the school

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Calm down dude, some of us don't even have a list of employers for spring OCI.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:35 pm

superflush wrote:
sibley wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:What does IBOS mean? Google gave me nothing
yeah someone please explain... I came up with 'in before OS' but I still don't know what OS is.
wait, how did you come up with it if you don't know what it means. lol
I searched the forums

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:42 pm

I was waiting on Bankhead to hit back with a merciless response. I am now a little disappointed. I figured OS would vanquish the naysayers, but I didn't think she'd accomplish it as early as the very first page.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 pm

btw, my school used bkstore too, and the book list isn't 'hidden,' it's just kind of a pain the way the site's set up. If you really care to not buy your books at the store, pay for the 3 day shipping. It'll still be cheaper...

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:46 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:lol, i'm_blue, have you never heard of the infamous ENFP overshare?
You know what OS!?

I'm sick and tired of you and your big huge ENFP-ness that you wave around to everyone to show how large it is. Stick it somewhere it can't be seen, ok?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Lxw wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:lol, i'm_blue, have you never heard of the infamous ENFP overshare?
You know what OS!?

I'm sick and tired of you and your big huge ENFP-ness that you wave around to everyone to show how large it is. Stick it somewhere it can't be seen, ok?
Unwarranted. If you don't care to read my posts, don't. I'll make no criticism of yours.

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:55 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Lxw wrote:
You know what OS!?

Unwarranted. If you don't care to read my posts, don't. I'll make no criticism of yours.
Aww c'mon OS, it was a joke (read it aloud) :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Leeroy Jenkins on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Lxw wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Lxw wrote:
You know what OS!?

Aww c'mon OS, it was a joke (read it aloud)
Needed tears and sobs.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:02 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Lxw wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Lxw wrote: You know what OS!?

Aww c'mon OS, it was a joke (read it aloud)
Needed tears and sobs.
I'm slow tonight. Now that you have put emotions into your post, however, shadowfrost and I forgive you.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:05 am

I'll check back in a day, but this thread did NOT deliver.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:17 am

Complaining that you have 8 firms going to spring OCI?

Guess how many private firms are coming to SLS for spring OCI: 3

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaAlto

New

Post by OperaAlto » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:21 am

Not a big fan of Fordham afte the lack of OCI last year.

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:23 am

legends159 wrote:Complaining that you have 8 firms going to spring OCI?

SLS doesn't need OCI, Come on!

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:23 am

I'm an 0L but I don't really think I'd care about most of the OP's complaints.. especially the stuff about the professors.

I'd pbe annoyed at the loans thing. As for books, yea thats annoying but it wouldnt be bad enough to be under a list of my school's "crimes"

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:23 am

OperaAlto wrote:
:lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

OperaAlto

New

Post by OperaAlto » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 am

I would have to say anything below T14 is not worth it in NYC for the price you will pay.

Granted, Fordham is a great school, but ITE the OP is correct while OS may be as well.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:33 am

AlanShore wrote:I'm an 0L but I don't really think I'd care about most of the OP's complaints.. especially the stuff about the professors.

I'd pbe annoyed at the loans thing. As for books, yea thats annoying but it wouldnt be bad enough to be under a list of my school's "crimes"
The business about the books pisses me off. Any time a school nickels and dimes its students, it gets on my nerves.

I was planning to apply to Fordham, but the people at the admissions office were so lazy and rude to me on multiple occasions that it ruined my opinion of the school.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:33 am

Lxw wrote:
legends159 wrote:Complaining that you have 8 firms going to spring OCI?

SLS doesn't need OCI, Come on!
Apparently firms think so too. Or they simply don't want to make the trip here. It really is out of the way for non SV based firms.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 am

OperaAlto wrote:I would have to say anything below T14 is not worth it in NYC for the price you will pay.

Granted, Fordham is a great school, but ITE the OP is correct while OS may be as well.

OperaAlto, are you a Fordham student?

Re: the price: I'll probably skip OCI even if I have amazing grades, so biglaw chances were not a deciding factor for me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:36 am

TipTravHoot wrote:
AlanShore wrote:I'm an 0L but I don't really think I'd care about most of the OP's complaints.. especially the stuff about the professors.

The business about the books pisses me off. Any time a school nickels and dimes its students, it gets on my nerves.

I was planning to apply to Fordham, but the people at the admissions office were so lazy and rude to me on multiple occasions that it ruined my opinion of the school.
Hey, I know our adcomms. They are overworked, since they still don't have a new head of admissions, but they are really cool people. On one occasion, when I went in there to drop off a couple of forms, they had cake, and they gave me some.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:36 am

TipTravHoot wrote:

FYI it is in NYC and people there are generally rude. Might have something to do with cramming millions of people into overpriced boxes and cramped subway cars in brutal weather...

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:39 am

legends159 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:

FYI it is in NYC and people there are generally rude. Might have something to do with cramming millions of people into overpriced boxes and cramped subway cars in brutal weather...
Come on now, you lived here. It's not rudeness. It's protective armor. Once New Yorkers are introduced to someone in a social setting, they are invariably friendly and cool, at least in the same proportion that people are friendly and cool in other cities.

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:44 am

legends159 wrote:FYI it is in NYC and people there are generally rude. Might have something to do with cramming millions of people into overpriced boxes and cramped subway cars in brutal weather...
--LinkRemoved--

NYC is full of rude people LOLOLOLOL

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”